Which CFL is best for you? (clone to veg)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nastad

Reaction score
Hey guys. Planning on building my own custom cabinet but trying to plan it out. At the moment i am thinking about using a CFL for a small shelf where i intend to put the clones. Then i was thinking of using another cfl(s)for the after clone thru veg stage. For flowering I have a 400watt hid.

From what I understand need to have about 2500-3500 lumens. So that would be anything over 42 watts?

What have other people used that has worked well? Trying to find something around like home depot or something if possible. Also it needs to be cool white? or which type?

The avg. CFL has 1650 to 1700 lumens for 26 watts, the k rating is 2700k for flowering and 6500k for veg growth.
You want your lumens as close to 5000 PER SQUARE FOOT as poss for the best growth.

Check out my journal. See how things have gone good and bad with what I got. Only reason I went cfl is bc I already had all the reflectors and bulbs lying around. I plan to use my t5 solely for vegging. Cfls only to help out the sides and bottom.

thanks

I gotta disagree ****-dog, i'm doing my current grows with cfl's and not to bad i think, your welcome to check it out. I think i finally got my growbox dialed in.

the chef said:
I gotta disagree ****-dog, i'm doing my current grows with cfl's and not to bad i think, your welcome to check it out. I think i finally got my growbox dialed in.

I am not saying anything bad about cfl's. I too think I am doing well. I however know I can do much better with more lumens.

Latest posts

Back