Which dirt?

Alex47

Reaction score
I know that in order for plants to grow they need a special type of dirt to meet their needs. Is this the same for Marijuana? If so, does anyone know which dirt I should get?

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I like Roots Organics Green Lite. It has good drainage as well as goodies that cannabis likes. It isn’t cheap but has worked well for me. A soil with good drainage is important.

SubmarineGirl

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
You will get a lot of answers here. My new favorite is the Foxfarm strawberry soil because of no gnats on my current grow with it.

T_Dub

Reaction score
I use Fox Farm Happy Frog with seeds and seedlings (16oz cups) since it’s not too hot for them. Then I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest once I transplant. I add roughly 20% more perlite to my Ocean Forest which allows it to drain more easily.

Some people claim to get gnats with this soil if it stays too wet , but I’ve never had that trouble. I also started topping my soil with hydroton clay pellets to prevent gnats too. (I’d hate to meet the gnat that can lift a hydroton pellet)

boo

old goat
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
pro mix BX for the win...no nutes so you can craft your own environment of nutrients...I prefer to use a medium that has no additives so I can make what I want...

JoseyWales

I reckon so.
Reaction score
I use Fox Farm Happy Frog with seeds and seedlings (16oz cups) since it’s not too hot for them. Then I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest once I transplant. I add roughly 20% more perlite to my Ocean Forest which allows it to drain more easily.

Some people claim to get gnats with this soil if it stays too wet , but I’ve never had that trouble. I also started topping my soil with hydroton clay pellets to prevent gnats too. (I’d hate to meet the gnat that can lift a hydroton pellet)
Same Same, never had an issue, 5 gal fabric bags inside.

TheDevilYouLove

Reaction score
I am going to use Happy Frog for germination and seedlings. Should I amend it with perlite at this early stage?

Plan to use Ocean Forest with 20% perlite for veg growth.