Which do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Do you prefer a plant that is a heavy feeder, or a light feeder?
I have a plant right now that goes through twice as much water as anything else in the flower tent, and it really looks to be packing on the weight.
I appreciate the weight, but I would be worried if I had to leave it alone more than 3 days in a row.

Do you prefer a plant that is a heavy feeder, or a light feeder?
I have a plant right now that goes through twice as much water as anything else in the flower tent, and it really looks to be packing on the weight.
I appreciate the weight, but I would be worried if I had to leave it alone more than 3 days in a row.
I love a heavy drinker

Yeah, I am going to be looking into that in the very near future.
Last time I did it I used a 16 port manifold with individual valves to control how much water went to each plant. It worked well enough for a two week vacation, and probably would have worked until the 20 gallon reservoir was dry. I used a seven day timer, so I was able to set it to pump 3 times a week for something like five minutes. Then I adjusted the valves for the right amount of water over that five minute period. I also set a rock or a piece of foil where the water hit the dirt to keep it from making a root exposing hole.

Last time I did it I used a 16 port manifold with individual valves to control how much water went to each plant. It worked well enough for a two week vacation, and probably would have worked until the 20 gallon reservoir was dry. I used a seven day timer, so I was able to set it to pump 3 times a week for something like five minutes. Then I adjusted the valves for the right amount of water over that five minute period. I also set a rock or a piece of foil where the water hit the dirt to keep it from making a root exposing hole.
This is a great idea crash. I need to come up with something simple to just last a week so the next time mr Subbie talks about a Vacay for a week, I don’t worry.

1678970457765.png

I’m hoping to be able to get away this summer for a few days, so here is another option that I’m planning to try. Sub irrigated planters that hold 6 gallons of nutrients. They last for several days once you fill the reservoir. This is the Octopot.

Attachments

• D9A78198-F66A-46E5-BFED-72EAE7F07693.png
    D9A78198-F66A-46E5-BFED-72EAE7F07693.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back