Which do you prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would work for me if I could draw from a container
In theory you could put the container above the plants, high enough to provide some water pressure. Then the hose connection would go in the bottom of the container and feed the timer valve. Maybe hang a rain barrel from the ceiling?

In theory you could put the container above the plants, high enough to provide some water pressure. Then the hose connection would go in the bottom of the container and feed the timer valve. Maybe hang a rain barrel from the ceiling?
I once designed a Christmas tree self waterer just as you described
A gallon milk jug some fish air line and a flow valve.
Worked good

Yes maybe even a couple of five gallon buckets on a table beside my grow tent would work as long as it was higher than the water outlet right?

That is the system I have....it wouldn't deliver enough water.

I looked at a system 15 years ago. Didn't like it but not like the one Hopper showed. My problem is Separation Anxiety. Anything over 3 days and I worry myself to death.
My plants(not just weed) are kind of like pets. I still feel a little sad when I harvest after caring for the plants for so long. But not that sad…😁

Yes maybe even a couple of five gallon buckets on a table beside my grow tent would work as long as it was higher than the water outlet right?
It might work. Those systems are designed around city water pressure ranges around 50PSI or so.

I just had a 20 gallon storage bin sitting on the floor with the submersible pump in that. This pump, this timer, a couple of these manifolds.

I had a second setup for the DWC that ran a pump for 15 minutes a day through this float valve to top off the tank.

It might work. Those systems are designed around city water pressure ranges around 50PSI or so.

I just had a 20 gallon storage bin sitting on the floor with the submersible pump in that. This pump, this timer, a couple of these manifolds.

I had a second setup for the DWC that ran a pump for 15 minutes a day through this float valve to top off the tank.
Did the water distribute equally through that manifold?

I’m hoping to be able to get away this summer for a few days, so here is another option that I’m planning to try. Sub irrigated planters that hold 6 gallons of nutrients. They last for several days once you fill the reservoir. This is the Octopot.
I had been thinking some kind of gravity feed system, as mentioned earlier in this thread, but these seem to be worth looking into.

I had been thinking some kind of gravity feed system, as mentioned earlier in this thread, but these seem to be worth looking into.
Do you worry if a system has leaks? I almost ran an Autopot system which is gravity fed, but I was reading about small drips while the system gets dialed in. That wouldn’t work in my space. If I was in an unfinished space, I’d have run with it.

F83CCAB1-B29D-4A6D-87FA-643440158FC1.png

With this pump, the water tank would not have to be elevated correct?
Correct. However, if you have different height pots, you will need different valve settings for each, because the pressure and the flow slows with height. That's why I used the manifold instead of just a bunch of splitters.

Do you worry if a system has leaks? I almost ran an Autopot system which is gravity fed, but I was reading about small drips while the system gets dialed in. That wouldn’t work in my space. If I was in an unfinished space, I’d have run with it.

View attachment 322294

A few drips will not bother me at all.

Latest posts

Back