Which hydro setup is best...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first grow was very successful using drip for the veg stage and ebb and flo for the flower stage. I have very good yeilds this way

Hey MM, it's really just a matter of personal preference.

I use dirt to grow my host plants.

A aeroponic chamber to root my clones

And an ebb and flow for the vegetative and flowering cycles.

If you ask ten hydro growers, you'll get ten setups. Hhahahaaha

I guess we just all think ours is best...

Just a little snippet to add to Stoney's response, hope he doesn't mind.:)

I think during your research you will find that along with complexity there is a substantial increase for potential of yeilds/growth rates, but on the other hand the potential for disaster due to mechanical failures/power loss is increased also. Try and find something that suits your level of experience, and has a decent ratio of production/relability.

:)

Nice SB i just wish i had that much space :D lol
One day after college im sure :D

Ah its all coming to me now :eek:

So should i start it off with a drip system in an early stage? Then switch it over to the full ebb and flow setup later? Im sure it wont be a problem for me to rig am both up:cool:

So should i start it off with a drip system in an early stage? Then switch it over to the full ebb and flow setup later? Im sure it wont be a problem for me to rig am both up

Do a search on http://www.youtube.com for "How to grow green". This guy's setup may be what you are looking for. My only change on his setup would be to make the veg room smaller to have more room on the other side to flower.

Mustangman70 said:
So should i start it off with a drip system in an early stage? Then switch it over to the full ebb and flow setup later? Im sure it wont be a problem for me to rig am both up
Are you going to be growing using clones from a Host plant?

If you're going to go from vegetative to harvest in the same room, you only need the ebb and flow. A chage in nutrients and light schedule is all that's needed then.

I grow typically aero.... but by far it is easiest to gear up a drip system... just get hosing... a pump and drip stakes n ur done... no timers besides ur light.

Currently, I am using a drip system. With my FF nutes the drippers are constantly getting cloged so I am building myself a DWC system. I am still in the midst of flowering on my first grow, but I can tell you I don't like the dripper system. GL with whatever you decide to go with though :cool:

Latest posts

Back