which is best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
Hello, Ive got to decide wether it is best to use 2x compact flr's or a single 70w sodium. Im only using such small lights because its a very small space (2ftx2ftx4ft) and im trying to keep it cheap! i thought i could use the flourescents for the vegetation stage then go to the flowering on the sodium, or is it better to just use the sodium all the way through?? Any ideas???

Design the box for the heat from the HPS, but I'd use the flos for veg. As the Blue spectrum from the Flos is perfect for veg.

Mutt said:
Design the box for the heat from the HPS, but I'd use the flos for veg. As the Blue spectrum from the Flos is perfect for veg.

I agree, I thought my plants would brow better during veg under the 600w hps, but during a recent test, I noticed my one plant I did under 2 floros grew a lot faster on both the tops and side growth, plus the plant looks healthier with tighter nodes due to being able to keep the lights a lot closer.

Yea the heat is a bit of a problem, being such a small space it heats up very quick. The other thing that makes me not want to use the HID too much is that it hums "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm", being in my room it gets really annoying! This is the first grow ive done for a while, Havnt had space/time recently, so ill keep you posted on how well it goes using the flouros. The only other thing i worry about is that because its such a small space, will the floros be able to penatrate past the top layer of leaves? I can always reduce the amount of plants but obviously id like to get maximum yeild from the amount of space i have. Many thanks for your help so far! :D

Latest posts

Back