Which is your favorite treatment for mites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tastyness

Reaction score
I have the chance to grab a bottle of miticide (the three I'm considering are
Forbid, Floramite, or Avid)

I don't have a problem, but am getting ready to start up a new grow and would love to have a good one in my bag of tricks in case I need it.

I can't get it later (not available where I live) but have a friend coming to visit that could bring me some.

So if you could only get one brand in this area - what would you choose?
I'm open to other brands/options if something has come along recently that is getting rave reviews.

Can't wait to get my green thumb back on... my last results were AMAZING thanks to the help of everyone in this awesome community. I'm really looking forward to some new varieties and hope this is like riding a bike...it that it will all come back to me.
~~~

SNS 209 works really well for keeping mites and other pests away.

For me its Neem Oil, made from the sap of Azidectin tree in India, its a natural pesticide and kills mold too, apply a teaspoon to a pint spray bottle fill with warm water and shake spray for great defenses.. 2 times per day,...but the real good news is that its also systemic plants can drink it up, but that said avoid spraying buds too close to harvest

All natural...praying mantis...they're all use...will eat any insect and very territorial..with a food supply(mites,caterpillar,aphids anything living they feel they can kill...humming birds small rodents)...

Neem is great in veg...I'd never use it on flowering plants...I use a neem/medicide/insecticide combo designed for organic growers...and as stated only during veg

View attachment image.jpg

SNS 209 added to your grow and will repel the spider mites. They just leave. It is a great product.

Riot's Ultimate Mite Spray..
Comes in an one ounce concentrate, that you mix 1ml to a gallon of water.

Well let me round this out by adding one more in a dizzying array of choices :D I prefer to use Azomax as it is Made from the active ingredient of Neem oil. It is made to mix better in water so that it can be used as a soil drench(while in flower, or in a spray when in veg) or straight into a hydro reservoir. The plants will absorb it either through the leaves or suck it up through the roots and send it all over the plant. It will stop leaf chewers of all kinds in their tracks as it doesn't taste good to the bugs and has a killing affect on them.

The good thing about it is that it breaks down in the soil and within the plant after 10 days, and is no longer able to affect the smell or taste of the bud. :)

SNS 217 killer spray, SNS 209 is a repellant I love 217 kills them dead after 2 applications, I saved my indoor crop twice, once during veg, and in the last weeks of flower. Thank god for 217

Organic-I'm with lifespan, SNS 217 to get rid of them, SNS 209 to keep them gone.

Non-organic-Forbid and Floramite.

I have never actually seen or had neem oil do anything at all against mites and it leaves an oily residue on your plants. I used it very early in flower one time and the taste of the stuff never left the buds. Over the years, I have used dozens of products for mites--the only pest I seem to get, but a formidable one. Many people try and change up treatments as the mites adapt very quickly to one pesticide and become stronger. There is a reason they are called "The Borg"

Since we are here on buggie control, I was wondering about this Azamax, how much to gallon, do I use it only as foliar, or do I drench too, I want to kill these loopers, bud worms and caterpillars, as well as anything else lol. Also can I use it as far into flower as I am, these are outdoor plants? And will it help with PM?

Being straight up here folks Neem oil is great no matter what if you got mites or not i would highly recommend it,,, just to spray on every so often once a week or so.
Also if you find out you got mites only way to actually 100 percent get rid of them never mind the fancy azamax and other products out there that some growers most growers have to buy online cause its not readily available
This is all you need to get rid of mites once and for all.

1 BLEACH
2 Bug B gone
3 50 gallon or bigger drum
4 string
5 Tarp

now just forget the thought of spraying your plants you just never get it all most growers
Be prepared to completely tear down your room / tent
step one read instruction on bug be gone and mix it into a 50 gallon drum water bug be gone ratio

step 2 add some into a spray bottle pending on size of your plants use string to tie them up as to being able to actually tip plant upside down into the drum , stem and all right to medium when tipping plant into drum move it up and down submerging plant totally once done use spray bottle spray top of soil and all of pot including bottom side catch trays everything

step 3 place plant into another room that has tarp on floor do all plants like that once all plants are out of room or tent
get a 20 liter/ 5 gallon pail mix it 50 / 50 bleach and water and start taking down your room spraying your lights ballast if in room wiping it with bleach light bulb fans ducting flooring walls everything once done let it vent out and do second application was everything again once room is done place plants back inside and resume growing remember your going to need to do this one more time 4 - 5 days

another sure fire way to rid mites once and for all is C02 crank it up 10,000 -20,000 ppm to kill them off once and for all

another sure fire way to rid mites once and for all is C02 crank it up 10,000 -20,000 ppm to kill them off once and for all

Does not work. Tried it. All it did was turn my girls a nice yellow color.

No no no, thee sure fire way is to get 20 gal of high test gasoline and a pump up sprayer....:doh: :hubba:

The Azomax can be used as a foliar application during the veg period but I would not use foliar during flower. During fflower you would use it as a soil drench. I mix up 10ml to a gallon(or 5ml to a half gal) of water and mix well. then pour into soil so that all off soil?medium is drenched. I have also added it directly to a hydro reservoir, using 20ml to a 40gal reservoir and then allowed it to run and water plants for 24hrs.

I have never had a run in with "the Borg" so I don't know the effectiveness of the Azomax against them. For other chewers like gnats, thrips, and fflying insects, I can vouch for its effectiveness. If you are dealing with the borg then I would go with the sns-217 ffor a mild case and fforbid ffor a bad case of them, as these have been used effectively for certain.

I have successfully gotten rid of mites with Forbid and/or Floramite.

Greetings

I keep crying when I see posts like the ones I been seeing lateley. Excuse me while I get myself together. I've almost stopped buying so called bottle stuff for plants making claims for consumables. Check this out just as simple and safe ,I use Dr. Bronners peppermint castle soap at a 1tbsp per qt. Peppermint freezes bugs and dries em out. I hope folks out here would get your master gardeners certification! (sob,sob).

Peace
Atomic Dog

would anyone reccommend watering with neem if plants are budding dont want to affect taste

Greetings

I keep crying when I see posts like the ones I been seeing lateley. Excuse me while I get myself together. I've almost stopped buying so called bottle stuff for plants making claims for consumables. Check this out just as simple and safe ,I use Dr. Bronners peppermint castle soap at a 1tbsp per qt. Peppermint freezes bugs and dries em out. I hope folks out here would get your master gardeners certification! (sob,sob).

Peace
Atomic Dog

I have mine Atomic dog, and I like what your posted here. I didn't know that about peppermint and freezing.

I am all about integrated pest management myself out doors and the SNS line indoors.... Thanks for your post.. Love seeing like minded, lets save our environment and our lungs folks.

I don't like neem, MG taught me not to use it.

Do not water with neem. First of all, it is not a systemic. Secondly, it doesn't work. I personally have never had any luck with it at all for anything.

Latest posts

Back