Which light should i use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce111

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I am totally a newbie for this. I want to grow two plants in 2x2 room. Do you guys have any suggestions of which light i should use? HPS or HID or LED? LED seems like very pop these years. Is there anyone used it before? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.:):):)

Welcome to MP Bruce. I like LED's but they are expensive for top of the line. If you think your going to have heat issues go with LED. They put out less heat. Check out the light threads, we have a lot of good info there.

I run 2 King LED units in a 5x5x6.5 tent and love them. Not very expensive at all when you consider how many times you will have to buy new bulbs for HID units and the money you save on electricity.

Welcome!

In a 2'x2' room I agree heat will be an issue. LEDs are the way to go.

I have grown indoors using 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots and one plant would fill a 2x2 space.

I wish you all the best with your grow.

@Bruce111, do some homework, read some of the grow diaries (to find what others are using). A 2x2 area will have heat and ventilation areas of concern.
All of my growing experience has been done under led lights, & there’s many to choose from that will work in your situation, though using a tent would make it easier for you.
Good luck.

Read, read, read...then ask and plan. Show/describe your lay out from lighting to ventilation to security if that is an issue. Also your plan on feeding. working in hydro or soil?

It would have saved me a lot of misspent money had I done that.

I just went led this year and will never go back. My t5 for seedlings and veg led for flower. Low heat, much lower electric bill.

Welcome to MP.

In terms of (1) ROI and quality of (2) cured, flushed buds - if you're going to stay in the game for a year or more, LED grow-lights manufactured and assembled in America is worth the initial capital outlay. Should you care about Sustainability, you definitely are on the right path.

Here ya go, $79 delivered from amazon Viparspectra 300. Proof is in the pic. BPU = Black Berry Kush -x- Purple Citral --x- Uzbekistan Hash Plant--.jpg

Welcome to MP Bruce. I like LED's but they are expensive for top of the line. If you think your going to have heat issues go with LED. They put out less heat. Check out the light threads, we have a lot of good info there.

Thanks for your info, bro. I will check it. ;)

I run 2 King LED units in a 5x5x6.5 tent and love them. Not very expensive at all when you consider how many times you will have to buy new bulbs for HID units and the money you save on electricity.

Thanks for the info. i read a lot these days. LED grow light really can save a lot of electric bill. The king's price is a little more for me. Lol. I don't want to invest a lot for the first grow. But in future, it is hard to say. Thanks, anyway.

Welcome!

In a 2'x2' room I agree heat will be an issue. LEDs are the way to go.

I have grown indoors using 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots and one plant would fill a 2x2 space.

I wish you all the best with your grow.

Thank, man. These are very useful info for me. i read that 4 plants can be planted in 2x2 grow tent. Is it because the plant size is different? Which seed you would like to grow generally?

@Bruce111, do some homework, read some of the grow diaries (to find what others are using). A 2x2 area will have heat and ventilation areas of concern.
All of my growing experience has been done under led lights, & there’s many to choose from that will work in your situation, though using a tent would make it easier for you.
Good luck.

Thanks, bro. I also think the heat is a problem in summer. Maybe i will try LED grow light this time and try HPS in winter. May i know which LED grow light you were using? Any recommendation? Thanks forward.

LED’s work great indoors in during the winter for that matter, but if you’re still going to be using the 2x2 closet, hps is a bad idea. Fire would become a distinct possibility. Good luck.

2x2 is pretty small. I use to grow with about the same space and if I remember right I could only get 3 plants in there especially once they start to spread out.

LED’s work great indoors in during the winter for that matter, but if you’re still going to be using the 2x2 closet, hps is a bad idea. Fire would become a distinct possibility. Good luck.
Thanks so much for the info. I will pay attention on that.

2x2 is pretty small. I use to grow with about the same space and if I remember right I could only get 3 plants in there especially once they start to spread out.
Yes, it is small. I just want try first. in future, i will expand the grow size. ;)

researched one more week. I found many growers use LED grow light like Mars-Hydro, kind, viperspectrum and so on. Kind LED grow light looks like a good one. But the price would fear some customer back. Is there anyone use Mars-Hydro and viperspectrum before? Much appreciated if you guys can offer some tips. :)

I’ve used and still have lighthouse Black Star 240, viperspectra 450, and a couple of King plus 1200’s. Also have a eight tube 4’ T5 Ho fixture, and an eight tube 4’ T8 both fluorescent, and all these will grow MJ.
I’ve got a new (to me) 12 cob kit fixture from Rapid led that I really like and the quantum boards have my attention.
That said you’ll have to pick a fixture based on your budget space available and go from there.
Another thing I’d add is you’ll find a tent offers much more control for everything, so if you can utilize one, you’ll be in a better situation.

I have two rooms loaded with viparspectra lights. I have 1 300, I have 5 of their 600 in the black case (forget the model) and 3 of the par series, 2 700's and a 600. All I can say is I keep buying 'em. I have an apollo 600 with about 20 burnt out leds, a King 1000 that came to me new with a 300 watt board in it, (trust me I was p-o ed, it was my very first led so I didn't realize until I opened it to clean it) and a whole pile of hps hoods and ballasts. For the money I love my lights.

fergot to say I don't use the hps and old leds any more

Latest posts

Back