Which light should i use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked my Mars LED Light until I found the King LED brand. That pro II 80 only uses 166 watts. Way too weak for my liking. For that price, you could get a King 1500 which cost 40 bucks less and uses twice as many watts. jmo
I checked that light. It is really cheaper. But why they advertise 1500W but the draw power is only 260W. It is very crazy, bro.
Mars did the same thing. Like Mars pro II 80, they named it Mars pro II 400W on their website. But they are not so crazy like king LED.
Based on the performance i have saw, i think it is more safe for me to buy another Pro II 80. And i will wait for their black Friday special deal. Lol. :mad:

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 52
I checked that light. It is really cheaper. But why they advertise 1500W but the draw power is only 260W. It is very crazy, bro.
Mars did the same thing. Like Mars pro II 80, they named it Mars pro II 400W on their website. But they are not so crazy like king LED.
Based on the performance i have saw, i think it is more safe for me to buy another Pro II 80. And i will wait for their black Friday special deal. Lol. :mad:

Because most of the LED companies go by how many watt equivalent the LED is. Just like CFL's do. The reason you save money on electricity is that the LED is more efficient it requires less wattage to produce more light. If you don't mind paying more for less then stick with it. I own a MArs unit and my King's both beat it.

I'm about 2 mo. in on my king 1200 and I'm thrilled.
In fact I contacted them to ask for an additional discount if I buy 2 more. They offered me 5 dollars off each additional unit which isn't enuff to sway me into purchasing 2 more so Ill order 1 more. I think Ill get the 1500w this time tho.

Because most of the LED companies go by how many watt equivalent the LED is. Just like CFL's do. The reason you save money on electricity is that the LED is more efficient it requires less wattage to produce more light. If you don't mind paying more for less then stick with it. I own a MArs unit and my King's both beat it.

Yes, i know this point. LEDs is more efficient than other lights. Plants can get more Par under same wattage. But My idea is that king over exaggerates the wattage truth. It may be a good light for the price point. But i do not like the advertisement way. And they said the leds is 10 wattage. I think it is false. Most of LED grow light suppliers advertise their leds is 5W. Mars Hydro did the same thing. So i think it is within my acceptance. :rolleyes:

I'm about 2 mo. in on my king 1200 and I'm thrilled.
In fact I contacted them to ask for an additional discount if I buy 2 more. They offered me 5 dollars off each additional unit which isn't enuff to sway me into purchasing 2 more so Ill order 1 more. I think Ill get the 1500w this time tho.

Thanks for stopping by. mate. Would you mind sharing some plants pictures with us?
I think the reason why they just can offer you a little discount is that their profit is limited. I also asked Mars if they can offer me nice discount. But they just offered me 3% discount finally. Anyway i accepted the truth. :(

I found a lot of people were talking about QB light. Is it really better than others. How?
I also checked the videos of QB light on Youtube. It is not easy for newbie to install that light. Looks very troublesome. Is there anyone have experience?
My Mars light can be easily installed. Lol :D

I liked my Mars LED Light until I found the King LED brand. That pro II 80 only uses 166 watts. Way too weak for my liking. For that price, you could get a King 1500 which cost 40 bucks less and uses twice as many watts. jmo

King led said they use 10W chips, is it truce? When I checked the draw power, I found the draw power is very low.

King led said they use 10W chips, is it truce? When I checked the draw power, I found the draw power is very low.

They all under drive their chips. It's an LED thing. I can only speak on the results I have gotten from their lights. Fantastic.

Thanks for stopping by. mate. Would you mind sharing some plants pictures with us?
I think the reason why they just can offer you a little discount is that their profit is limited. I also asked Mars if they can offer me nice discount. But they just offered me 3% discount finally. Anyway i accepted the truth. :(

It seems like Mars-hydro is doing black friday sale on their website. They will offer 10% discount. It is much better than i have got. what the hell!!!
I will buy one Pro II 80 and 2x2 grow tent for my friend. He also want to get high like me. Lol.

I also noticed this detail. I think it is not true. 10W sounds great but it will take a lot of electricity bill away. :eek:

They all under drive their chips. It's an LED thing. I can only speak on the results I have gotten from their lights. Fantastic.
Draw power of 1500W king led is only 260W, they said they use 10W chips, so draw power of each chip is only 1.73W. My MarsproII1600led uses 320pcs of 5W chips, draw power of light is 750W, draw power of each 5w chip is 2.34W, so I think King led is misleading customers by exaggerated watt of chips. How about your idea brother?

I also noticed this detail. I think it is not true. 10W sounds great but it will take a lot of electricity bill away. :eek:

It will not take lots of electricity bill, because the draw power of their light is very low. I think its King led' advertising strategy to attract traffic.

It will not take lots of electricity bill, because the draw power of their light is very low. I think its King led' advertising strategy to attract traffic.
Yes, i also think so. My pro II 80 is around 170W when both switches turn on. Mars Ad it 400W. I think it is also an ad strategy. A lot of LED grow light suppliers did like this.

I think traditional led is not too efficient compared with HPS/HID...for example, if you want to get the same yield as 1000W HPS, you still need 900--1000W led , right? This year white led is more popular, I heard this led is more efficient than traditional led, but I did not try it, not very sure about it.

I think traditional led is not too efficient compared with HPS/HID...for example, if you want to get the same yield as 1000W HPS, you still need 900--1000W led , right? This year white led is more popular, I heard this led is more efficient than traditional led, but I did not try it, not very sure about it.

No led light is more efficient. I get better yields now using led than back when I used HPS. And using half the power.

First timer here
I am using a 400 hps for blooming in a 2 x 3 area, and was wanting to change the lighting to a 480 led grow light full spectrum indoor plant, veg and flower.
Should I change it or let if finish flowering?

I ran my Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series for 5 years -- The later ones with 5 watt chips -- Thier Achilles heel is that the chips are hooked up in series -- Like the old X-mas Tree lights -One chip goes bad in the series the rest go out - They do not want U getting to that light board !-- U jump around the bad chip and the rest will work again but it is a pain !-- I know there's better lights but these are what I got and they make the frost just fine--I been running what is listed as 600 watts per square meter but I want to kick it up to 1,000 watts per square meter --That Spyder Led got my attention !

First timer here
I am using a 400 hps for blooming in a 2 x 3 area, and was wanting to change the lighting to a 480 led grow light full spectrum indoor plant, veg and flower.
Should I change it or let if finish flowering?
I think it is better to finish this grow with HPS light. My thought is that HPS light and LED has different kind of spectrum. Maybe plants cannot adopt to the different spectrum easily. Lol. If i am wrong, pls correct me.

I ran my Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series for 5 years -- The later ones with 5 watt chips -- Thier Achilles heel is that the chips are hooked up in series -- Like the old X-mas Tree lights -One chip goes bad in the series the rest go out - They do not want U getting to that light board !-- U jump around the bad chip and the rest will work again but it is a pain !-- I know there's better lights but these are what I got and they make the frost just fine--I been running what is listed as 600 watts per square meter but I want to kick it up to 1,000 watts per square meter --That Spyder Led got my attention !
Oh man, you have used their light for 5 years? It is a long time!!
I never heard Mars Hydro 300 reflecor series, maybe they didn't produce it any more.
I was using their Pro II 80 for an entire grow. So far so good.

Anyone has used the white color LED grow light? not CMH light.
I checked spectrum king and fluence. It is super pricy for me.
I heard that the kind of light and bring bigger harvest than purple light. Is this true?
I hope MarsHydro can make an affordable white color light in future.

Latest posts

Back