Which light should i use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two rooms loaded with viparspectra lights. I have 1 300, I have 5 of their 600 in the black case (forget the model) and 3 of the par series, 2 700's and a 600. All I can say is I keep buying 'em. I have an apollo 600 with about 20 burnt out leds, a King 1000 that came to me new with a 300 watt board in it, (trust me I was p-o ed, it was my very first led so I didn't realize until I opened it to clean it) and a whole pile of hps hoods and ballasts. For the money I love my lights.

Wow, a lot of lights you have been using. i will try to learn more about that light. Thanks for the information. much appreciated.:)

I’ve used and still have lighthouse Black Star 240, viperspectra 450, and a couple of King plus 1200’s. Also have a eight tube 4’ T5 Ho fixture, and an eight tube 4’ T8 both fluorescent, and all these will grow MJ.
I’ve got a new (to me) 12 cob kit fixture from Rapid led that I really like and the quantum boards have my attention.
That said you’ll have to pick a fixture based on your budget space available and go from there.
Another thing I’d add is you’ll find a tent offers much more control for everything, so if you can utilize one, you’ll be in a better situation.

Thanks for the useful info. Yes, i will consider to buy a suitable grow tent and grow light. My budget for the first grow is limited. :p

Everyone starts somewhere @Bruce111, don’t assume we all went out and blew a couple thousand right up front, but can end up costing that much over time.
One thing we all may agree on though, it’s better spent than purchasing questionable MJ from an dispensary. With our home grows we/you’ll know exactly what you used during the grow.

Everyone starts somewhere @Bruce111, don’t assume we all went out and blew a couple thousand right up front, but can end up costing that much over time.
One thing we all may agree on though, it’s better spent than purchasing questionable MJ from an dispensary. With our home grows we/you’ll know exactly what you used during the grow.

Thanks, bro. It is more convenient to buy from dispensary. but it will be very interested to grow by self.:)

It took me ten years to get the lights I wanted. Good point Dan.

I took that pic about 10 minutes before I posted it. I won't have a yield 'till "bout the 10th of Sept. I will go out on a limb and predict 1/2 lb.

I took that pic about 10 minutes before I posted it. I won't have a yield 'till "bout the 10th of Sept. I will go out on a limb and predict 1/2 lb.

okay, pls keep me posted regarding the yield. Any grow skills for me would be much appreciated. :)

Learned about lot about different kind of LED grow lights last few days. A lot of indoor growers still want to use purple color light. And these lights are not so expensive for them. I also want to choose this color as they have two spectrum that i can switch. I think plants can grow better in this way. How do you guys think? :):)

There are 2 paths with leds; personal grows and commercial grows. The products are different and they are priced differently. I use a 4x8 tent to feed my flowering room. I live in CA and the summer temps are 100+ from June 1 to October 1. I was running 2 1K HPS air cooled lights in the tent. I had to run ducting to vent all the heat and it increased my a/c substantially in the hottest part of summer. I have since replaced the 2 HPS with 1 led. It is super expensive and really best when used by experienced growers.
https://fluence.science/

There are 2 paths with leds; personal grows and commercial grows. The products are different and they are priced differently. I use a 4x8 tent to feed my flowering room. I live in CA and the summer temps are 100+ from June 1 to October 1. I was running 2 1K HPS air cooled lights in the tent. I had to run ducting to vent all the heat and it increased my a/c substantially in the hottest part of summer. I have since replaced the 2 HPS with 1 led. It is super expensive and really best when used by experienced growers.
https://fluence.science/

Thanks man. I am dreaming when i can get a 4x8 size. Lol. But i will learn to be a experienced grower. A long way to go.
Oh, shit. That light is very expensive. :(. I am not a rich grower. So i would like to choose the cheap light like Mars-Hydro and Viperspectra that a lot of customers use. Very busy recently. Don't have too much time to learn the difference.

I got the chance to win the Mars-Hydro giveaway. They sent me a Mars pro II 80. Much appreciated. It is very suitable for my 2x2 grow tent. I will keep you guys posted regarding what it can do. :)

Although the light is made in china, it seems like the quality is not bad. Draw power is around 170W. In 2x2 grow tent, plants can get enough light. I love this model so far. :p

I researched the picture about Mars pro II 80 by google. Hope my baby can grow like this. Lol. Excited!!:p

Attachments

• Pro II 80 (1).png
    Pro II 80 (1).png
    528.9 KB · Views: 57
I Found the draw power is a little less than what they said on website. But i think it doesn't matter for me. I care more about the final yiled.

The light works well so far. less heat. I love the vegging performance.:D

Latest posts

Back