Which light should i use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bruce 111 What's up ? Hey regards to your 400 w LED. Your light has 3w or 5w led's in it and it only needs to draw 170w for those 3w or 5w led's to produce the 400w.
This is why it is cheaper to run led lights. So your Mars Pro II 80 is throwing down 400w.

Hey Bruce 111 What's up ? Hey regards to your 400 w LED. Your light has 3w or 5w led's in it and it only needs to draw 170w for those 3w or 5w led's to produce the 400w.
This is why it is cheaper to run led lights. So your Mars Pro II 80 is throwing down 400w.

Hi Bro, Mars advertises the chip is 5W. But the actual power is only half. There are 80 pcs of chips for Pro II 80. So the power is around 175W.
I think it is the advertisement method for these LED suppliers. I found some Amazon sellers said their chip is 10W...... That is crazy.

BTW. Although i don't dear to post video to join in MarsHydro cup, i still sent some of my grow pictures to them. Lol.
I hope they can send me a LED glass or whatever. haha. :D

Hey Bruce 111, What's up ? So due the math, 80 5w chips = 400watts. It only needs to draw 170 watts for those 80 5w chips to produce 400 watts. Ten watt chips have been around for awhile. In fact I have a spectrum king 1600 w light with 10w chips. I have also seen 25w and 50w chips for sale. But not in any lights yet. Just the chips them self's.
So how is your grow going ? Having any luck ? I have been growing with LPA ( low pressure areoponics ) for the last 3 years with great results.
But due to things beyond my control I had to move my operation to a so called friends house. And of course the idiot tried to rip me off. I don't know what happened to him, some how he ended up with a broken leg and arm. And I got ALL my shit back. Strange how things work out. LMFAO. It just gets me so MAD that people are so stupid and make you do things you don't want to do. Anyway enough of that. What I was getting too. Is I did a little experimental grow where I was growing, trying to stay low key. I built a little hydro set up with about 29 plants in the SOG in a 2'x2' area. I used just base nute's. No boosters or anything else. I have 2 20 site grow chambers. One with GSC and one with blueberry. The GSC did really bad. I lost 11 of them and the ones that did grow didn't grow to good. I only got like a half oz out of nine little plants.
But the blueberry's, man I can't get over how good they did. They produced a little over a oz per plant in the SOG. In a grow chamber that is only 15"x20" with 20 grow sites. That's over a pound in that small of a area. I just can't get over it.
Like I said this was a experimental grow. And I have been growing this blueberry for a few years now ( everybody likes it ). But this was a strange grow. Blueberry is a 8 week strain. But with this grow at 8 weeks it looked like it was only in it's 4th week. No red hairs and just starting it's trichrome production. So I had to let them go 12 weeks. Strange.
So this has me rethinking everything I have been doing all these years. Time for more experiments I think. LOL.
Anyway I hope everything is going alright for bro. Stay High..............................................................................................................................................................................

Hey Bruce 111, What's up ? So due the math, 80 5w chips = 400watts. It only needs to draw 170 watts for those 80 5w chips to produce 400 watts. Ten watt chips have been around for awhile. In fact I have a spectrum king 1600 w light with 10w chips. I have also seen 25w and 50w chips for sale. But not in any lights yet. Just the chips them self's.
So how is your grow going ? Having any luck ? I have been growing with LPA ( low pressure areoponics ) for the last 3 years with great results.
But due to things beyond my control I had to move my operation to a so called friends house. And of course the idiot tried to rip me off. I don't know what happened to him, some how he ended up with a broken leg and arm. And I got ALL my **** back. Strange how things work out. LMFAO. It just gets me so MAD that people are so stupid and make you do things you don't want to do. Anyway enough of that. What I was getting too. Is I did a little experimental grow where I was growing, trying to stay low key. I built a little hydro set up with about 29 plants in the SOG in a 2'x2' area. I used just base nute's. No boosters or anything else. I have 2 20 site grow chambers. One with GSC and one with blueberry. The GSC did really bad. I lost 11 of them and the ones that did grow didn't grow to good. I only got like a half oz out of nine little plants.
But the blueberry's, man I can't get over how good they did. They produced a little over a oz per plant in the SOG. In a grow chamber that is only 15"x20" with 20 grow sites. That's over a pound in that small of a area. I just can't get over it.
Like I said this was a experimental grow. And I have been growing this blueberry for a few years now ( everybody likes it ). But this was a strange grow. Blueberry is a 8 week strain. But with this grow at 8 weeks it looked like it was only in it's 4th week. No red hairs and just starting it's trichrome production. So I had to let them go 12 weeks. Strange.
So this has me rethinking everything I have been doing all these years. Time for more experiments I think. LOL.
Anyway I hope everything is going alright for bro. Stay High..............................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks bro. Always stay high. Lol.
I didn't have a chance to begin the second grow since the first one. i was buy for other things in life. But i think i will have a new grow soon. And i plan to expand the grow room a little. I am hungary, lol. I want to try the new white color leds. I was looking Mars new Sp series. Any other recommendations?
What is the draw wattage of king 1600W? How many grams you can get from this light?

BTW. Although i don't dear to post video to join in MarsHydro cup, i still sent some of my grow pictures to them. Lol.

I got the email reply from Mars yesterday. They told me that i cannot join in the CUP giveaway only with some pictures. Damn. What they have done to the loyal customer!! :(

I got the email reply from Mars yesterday. They told me that i cannot join in the CUP giveaway only with some pictures. Damn. What they have done to the loyal customer!! :(

I believe i will begin my new grow soon. But i want to try the white color leds. But my budget is low.
I am looking for Mars SP series. I noticed that they added heat sink on the PCB board.
I get more information about how to choose their lights here

I use 2 ea 40W LED bulbs I got from Amazon... here: https://tinyurl.com/yykrt4gx Look good in our living room. Are on a timer and plants (2) are doing great! They are separated a bit and come down at a angle on the plants. I also use a LUX meter and check the lux of the available light. Move plants either up closer to the light, or let the lights come down closer to the plants. Light such as artificial is really subject to the laws of inverse square. You would be surprised what just a few inches can do to decrease your available lux for a plant.

Also here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter talks about using a LUX meter.

I might add that Watts is a measurement of power. Plants care little about power. You electric company does, and that is how they manage to bill use for electrical useage. Plants care about light and light intensity. Light needs to be a range of usable light spectrum and should include green in the spectrum. LED that are only 40 watts can put out a tremendous amount of usable light, since they are supporting a large array of LEDs for illumination. Think LUX and intensity rather than watts.

This is SANSI website link: https://www.sansiled.com/products/category/Growlight They recommend serveral lights if you are doing a mini farm grow set up. For me, 2 at slight angles gives me a whole lot of light, full spectrum, and with a total of under 80 watts usage (the 40 are actually around 36watts) won't break the bank for electricity, and you should see my plants. They are doing GREAT!

Last edited:
I might add that Watts is a measurement of power. Plants care little about power. You electric company does, and that is how they manage to bill use for electrical useage. Plants care about light and light intensity. Light needs to be a range of usable light spectrum and should include green in the spectrum. LED that are only 40 watts can put out a tremendous amount of usable light, since they are supporting a large array of LEDs for illumination. Think LUX and intensity rather than watts.

This is SANSI website link: https://www.sansiled.com/products/category/Growlight They recommend serveral lights if you are doing a mini farm grow set up. For me, 2 at slight angles gives me a whole lot of light, full spectrum, and with a total of under 80 watts usage (the 40 are actually around 36watts) won't break the bank for electricity, and you should see my plants. They are doing GREAT!

Thanks for sharing here. man. But 80W is too small for indoor plants. I heard that the par was more important than the wattage. Generally, more wattage means the par value could be high. The Pro II 80 that i was using is 170W power and the central par is around 360 umol at 18inch hanging distance. So my babies can get enough heat and par in 2x2 tent.

I will buy another 2x2 tent and one Mars SP-150. They told me the new light will be available in USA tomorrow.
i have been waiting for this for almost two months. This light is cheaper than Pro II 80. Cannot wait to see what it can do for my babies.

Hey what's up Aksarben ? Those led you use is ok for vegging. Almost any light will work in veg. But in 12/12 your going to want to throw down more watts ( lux ) than that to get good flowers. Good luck bro.............................

Hey what's up Aksarben ? Those led you use is ok for vegging. Almost any light will work in veg. But in 12/12 your going to want to throw down more watts ( lux ) than that to get good flowers. Good luck bro.............................
Thanks. Bro. I will check it out.

I live in the country, in a state that recently passed recreational usage and can grow up to 12 plants. I'm waiting for spring, so i can simply put it outside and the lots of sunlight on it. Right now.... 9 degrees outside, snowing, blowing. Where's spring??

I live in the country, in a state that recently passed recreational usage and can grow up to 12 plants. I'm waiting for spring, so i can simply put it outside and the lots of sunlight on it. Right now.... 9 degrees outside, snowing, blowing. Where's spring??

So which state you are in? California? I know that the Canadians can grow 4 plants once. I think the spring has come because the temp increased a lot.

Michigan. We became legal as of last December. Don't know of many spots in Calif that are 9 degrees F and blowing snow at the moment :)

Michigan. We became legal as of last December. Don't know of many spots in Calif that are 9 degrees F and blowing snow at the moment :)
A lotta places out here that are 9 degrees and blowing snow right now...it’s a pretty big state and we got a couple mountains here too...

congratuations! Bro. it is much better than Canada. They just can grow 4 plants each householder. Would you mind to send some of your grow pictures? :D

Latest posts

Back