Which Nutrients Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Landing

For me, so far..

GHE Flora - 5/10 (for soil)
Will keep your plants alive during veg but will screw your yield in flower if using soil.
Bio-Bizz - 7/10 (for soil)
Misleading Bio-Grow must never be used alone. Apparently Fish-Mix should. Good results in flower.

I have been using General Hydroponics 3 part nutrients for years now. Indoors in soil and I have never had a problem with yield. I pull 3+ ounces with most strains in One Gallon pots. Just did a boysenberry cut under LED and got a little over 3.5 ounces dry. I will never use any other nutrients and I don't use any other additives.

The GHE Flora is a series also. If you do not use all three parts in the correct proportions you are not going to get good results. Ditto with the Bio-Bizz. You need to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for these products to work. You cannot expect to withhold a portion of the nutrients and get good results. If you want a stand-alone nute, you are going to have to buy a stand alone nute. And neither one of the products you mentioned is. If you want a stand alone chemical nutrient, then GH makes their Flora NOVA line, which is different than the nutes you listed. The GHE are the US equivalent of the GH 3 parts Hamster mentioned. Big O has listed the GH Flora NOVA Bloom, a stand alone product. I use the Flora NOVA Grow in veg, but have not had good results with the Bloom, so use the 3 part nutrients for flowering like Hamster. For organics, Roots makes stand alone products.

Does that include Cal/Mag?
I use the same Nutes but I add some Cal/Mag in flower.

I don't regularly add Cal/Mag+. I tend to wait and see if they ask for it. Honestly since I started adding Sweet Lime to my soil I have not had the need to use Cal/Mag+.

maxibloom only veg and flower, no supplements with tap water. KISS/Lucas all the way. Started out years ago with problend pro and liquid kharma and sweet and cal mag with RO.
Since I switched my plants love it. My wallet is shocked by the results. No more syringe measurements just weigh 7 grams maxi to gal although I have to reduce for some strains.
Never will I go back to spending for the expensive stuff again. KISS/Lucas has taught me a lot. And this is after years of using high dollar nutes.

I don't usually even have to ph with maxi. After I mix ph is usually bout 6.5

I have been using General Hydroponics 3 part nutrients for years now. Indoors in soil and I have never had a problem with yield. I pull 3+ ounces with most strains in One Gallon pots. Just did a boysenberry cut under LED and got a little over 3.5 ounces dry. I will never use any other nutrients and I don't use any other additives.

3 oz. is roughly 90 grams. 1 gallon is roughly 3.5 liters.

I got 105 grams from a 15 liter container.

So, you got 25 g per liter and I got 7g per liter.

Wow. I'd give anything to know how..

The GHE Flora is a series also. If you do not use all three parts in the correct proportions you are not going to get good results. Ditto with the Bio-Bizz. You need to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for these products to work. You cannot expect to withhold a portion of the nutrients and get good results.

What makes you think I wasn't using the correct proportions?

I followed the manufacturer's recommendation precisely and it got me absolutely nowhere.

It says (Per 10 liters of water):

(Veg)

15ml Grow
10ml Micro
5ml Bloom

(Flwr)

5ml Grow
10ml Micro
15ml Bloom

I did that to a tee. I have a 10 liter watering jug and I filled it with those precise measurements and I got terrible results.

Double check those numbers , they are differant than what I found.

What makes you think I wasn't using the correct proportions?

I followed the manufacturer's recommendation precisely and it got me absolutely nowhere.

It says (Per 10 liters of water):

(Veg)

15ml Grow
10ml Micro
5ml Bloom

(Flwr)

5ml Grow
10ml Micro
15ml Bloom

I did that to a tee. I have a 10 liter watering jug and I filled it with those precise measurements and I got terrible results.

Well now we know what your problem is. You add that to One US Gallon or 3.78 liters. Not 10 liters.
From the GH Website:

For the vegetative stage of growth- use 3 tsp. FloraGro to 2 tsp. FloraMicro to 1 tsp. FloraBloom to 1 gallon water
For bloom initiation to ripening stage- use 1 tsp. FloraGro to 2 tsp. FloraMicro to 3 tsp. FloraBloom to 1 gallon water.

So you have the mix of nutrients right but you are adding that to 10 liters of water when it should be added to only 3.78 liters of water.

That is a big difference and you have been using it at less than half strength.

Double check those numbers , they are differant than what I found.

Yeah they are off. He was using 10 liters of water instead of only 3.78 liters. That is why he was less than thrilled with an otherwise great Nutrient Line.

Every company is different I guess . My JJ is per 100 litres.

Every company is different I guess . My JJ is per 100 litres.

Yeah but this is the same company, General Hydroponics. Even the same Nutrients, Flora series. So unless the Euro version is twice the concentrated strength of the US version, mixing them in 10 liters of water instead of 3.78 liters will leave them weak.

When you break it down , yes it is weak unless it is concentrated like you say.

Latest posts

Back