Which nutrients should I buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
I found this site called Kelp4Less and they have basically every kind of nutrient available.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.

N based products for veg

P and K based products for flowering

continually amending your soil between grows and topping off your pots during grows with different sources of nutrients will make for a very happy myco colony

I checked out Kelp4less. It is simply a nutrient line like Advanced Nutrients or Fox Farm. I am not really comfortable with nutrients that they do not tell you what is in it. I also wonder what their "hybrid" ingredients--sounds like they are maybe mixing chemical and organic nutes, but we really don't know since they don't tell us what is in anything.

I personally really like General Hydroponics nutrients. I generally use the Flora 3 part series. They are used for both soil and hydro.

Are you wanting to go all organic or are you going to use chemical nutes/additives?

General Hydroponics 3 part system is all I ever use. Occasionally I add Cal-Mag+ in flower.

N based products for veg

P and K based products for flowering

continually amending your soil between grows and topping off your pots during grows with different sources of nutrients will make for a very happy myco colony

By topping, do you mean adding more soil on top of the plant?

Because I find that roots don't grow in that.

I checked out Kelp4less. It is simply a nutrient line like Advanced Nutrients or Fox Farm. I am not really comfortable with nutrients that they do not tell you what is in it. I also wonder what their "hybrid" ingredients--sounds like they are maybe mixing chemical and organic nutes, but we really don't know since they don't tell us what is in anything.

I personally really like General Hydroponics nutrients. I generally use the Flora 3 part series. They are used for both soil and hydro.

Are you wanting to go all organic or are you going to use chemical nutes/additives?

General Hydroponics 3 part system is all I ever use. Occasionally I add Cal-Mag+ in flower.

Wow, looks like everyone here likes General Hydroponics..

The funny thing is, in every other forum, whenever I ask "which is the best nutrients" I get no replies at all.

How does it compare to BioBloom? The problem is, I live in Israel and I can't find General Hydroponics here.. :(

Also, Kelp4Less has all kind of nutrients, which I am assuming you can use to pick and choose what you want, like Dolomite.. isn't this better than a pre-packaged solution?

If so, what should I get? (besides P, K and N, of course).

amending ur soil by topping it off---or adding organic matter to the pot thru the grow as needed---as in bone meal during flower

You might want to do a little more reading on organics. There is no way that buying the ingredients and making your own is better or easier than pre-packaged nutes. It is not as simple as buying raw ingredients and mixing them to make your own nutrients. While you can buy all the separate ingredients that go into a good organic nutrient, you would be have to have a vast storehouse of knowledge to do that. You will probably still need things like lime (dolomite)--which is not a nutrient, but an amendment. Lime helps regulate pH.

Bio-Bloom is just for flowering, not for vegging. Marijuana has different nutrients needs during vegging than it does during flowering. A flowering formula will not work to veg and vice versa. I do not know of anyone who uses it though....

The big question is whether you want to be organic or give chemical nutrients? I find organics quite hard, but I know a lot of others find hydro complicated and it is really the easiest method for me. I do advise against getting a bunch of different things from Kelp4less and trying to wing it--organics really can be complicated. And like already mentioned, I don't like to give my plants anything that does not tell you what is in it. If you get a pre-made formula for the correct phase of your growth it will have the correct N-P-K and micro nutrients.

I still run General Hydroponics, micro/bloom. Use the 6gal of micro and 2.5gal of bloom tubs. Best deal for the $. Unless of course your NorCalHal and use the 55gal drums! Lol

amending ur soil by topping it off---or adding organic matter to the pot thru the grow as needed---as in bone meal during flower

Yeah, I've got bone meal and I top off but like I said the roots don't grow in the above soil.

You might want to do a little more reading on organics. There is no way that buying the ingredients and making your own is better or easier than pre-packaged nutes. It is not as simple as buying raw ingredients and mixing them to make your own nutrients. While you can buy all the separate ingredients that go into a good organic nutrient, you would be have to have a vast storehouse of knowledge to do that. You will probably still need things like lime (dolomite)--which is not a nutrient, but an amendment. Lime helps regulate pH.

Bio-Bloom is just for flowering, not for vegging. Marijuana has different nutrients needs during vegging than it does during flowering. A flowering formula will not work to veg and vice versa. I do not know of anyone who uses it though....

The big question is whether you want to be organic or give chemical nutrients? I find organics quite hard, but I know a lot of others find hydro complicated and it is really the easiest method for me. I do advise against getting a bunch of different things from Kelp4less and trying to wing it--organics really can be complicated. And like already mentioned, I don't like to give my plants anything that does not tell you what is in it. If you get a pre-made formula for the correct phase of your growth it will have the correct N-P-K and micro nutrients.

Well, I've already used 20-20-20 for vegging, so I'm afraid it's too late for organics. Though, I do use Bio-Bloom and it is organic.. but I only use it because I don't know of anything better.

Can someone recommend a better flowering nutrient package that I can maybe buy here in Israel?

Thanks.

Quit giving the Bio-Bloom. Bio-Bloom is a bloom formula and if you read the directions it says to use it in flower. It is 2-6-3.5, which has too little N and too much P for good veggy growth. If you want to use a Bio-Bizz product to veg, you need to get the veg formula, which is probably called something liked Bio-Grow. This is the thing about marijuana--you cannot use bloom food for vegging and vice versa. From their web site:

"Bio·Bloom™

is a complete liquid organic fertilizer, which contains the perfect blend of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium to ensure a platform for exuberant flowers and tasty fruits. Bio·Bloom™ also works in harmony with the soil to promote fruit and flower growth.

Bio·Bloom™ for soil, soilless, or fortified coco is therefore a complete fertilizer used from the beginning of fruit or flower production until harvest. It is packed with naturally occurring minerals of vegetable origin to ensure exuberant flowering."

For vegging you want a nute that is not even across the board--i.e. 20-20-20, 10-10-10, etc. You need something that is higher in N and lower in P. For flowering you want something with very little N and a bunch of P. I do not know what is available in Isreal or who might ship there, but there are a lot of companies that ship world-wide now. Your best choice is something formulated for marijuana.

Quit giving the Bio-Bloom. Bio-Bloom is a bloom formula and if you read the directions it says to use it in flower. It is 2-6-3.5, which has too little N and too much P for good veggy growth. If you want to use a Bio-Bizz product to veg, you need to get the veg formula, which is probably called something liked Bio-Grow. This is the thing about marijuana--you cannot use bloom food for vegging and vice versa. From their web site:

"Bio·Bloom™

is a complete liquid organic fertilizer, which contains the perfect blend of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium to ensure a platform for exuberant flowers and tasty fruits. Bio·Bloom™ also works in harmony with the soil to promote fruit and flower growth.

Bio·Bloom™ for soil, soilless, or fortified coco is therefore a complete fertilizer used from the beginning of fruit or flower production until harvest. It is packed with naturally occurring minerals of vegetable origin to ensure exuberant flowering."

For vegging you want a nute that is not even across the board--i.e. 20-20-20, 10-10-10, etc. You need something that is higher in N and lower in P. For flowering you want something with very little N and a bunch of P. I do not know what is available in Isreal or who might ship there, but there are a lot of companies that ship world-wide now. Your best choice is something formulated for marijuana.

For the life of me, I do not understand why you think that I am vegging.

I am in the flowering stage.

It looks like Amazon ships to Israel>>>>http://doesitshipto.com/does-amazon-ship-to-israel/

I order my nutrients from them.

Amazon does not ship to Israel.

Certain stores who operate on Amazon do, but most don't.

I would say advanced nutrience ph perfect or the jungle juice , I used the ph perfect it works well I was inpressed and it was my first time using it

I Say invest in aa Ec / ppm meter get a 20 liter pail fill it half full of warm water throw all your tble scraps carrots, potato peels , orange peels , apples , egg shells etc throw it in the pail stir it up after 4 - 5 days you will have over 2000 ppm of plant food strain pail add 2 - 3 cups of water to one cup of nutrient juice adjust according to desired Ec or ppm level and your good to go
Best thing it was free rather then going into compost bin or garbage bin

Then when you get tired of the odorous assault on your sinuses, and wondering if the creature from the black lagoon is going to climb out of the bucket and eat you, you can order the GH or AN 3part nutrients :)

After back-searching the Hebrew text you provided, I found the site in question (though, I don't know why you copied the shipping options). Here's an updated reply.

The problem is, you just don't try hard enough.

No, you simply knew to search for GHE or Flora. I searched General Hydroponics and got nothing, which I accepted because that's the usual result I get when searching for most products here in Israel.

Just 3 minutes on Google and I've found an Israeli supplier of General Hydroponics

Yes, HydroShop. They were the first site I checked.

50 Israeli New Sheqel equals approx 14.50 US Dollar

No, that's for the FloraMicro. The other two cost 80 NIS or 23.50$. The whole set comes down to 60$, which is almost twice the price.

So, to reiterate - everyone here is recommending that I replace the BioBloom with FloraBloom?

If you are already set up with organic nutrients and have been using soil amendments such as bone meal(which is organic nutrient setup) then I would suggest that you stay with organic nutrients. But if getting the organic nutrients is more difficult then on the next go, switch to the GH flora.

Latest posts

Back