which two strains please?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
so the time has come one more time when I need the MP community to help me choose. there is one field where I am a newb, and that is strains, breeders, and seed buying in particular.
I have the chance to order seeds soon, so I looked into attitude seeds and don't know on what to choose at all. I want 2 strains, one with a big yield and medium potency, like big bud, and another strain that is like the strongest stuff you ever had, preferably if it makes you energetic like with a sativa high in it, for indoor grows. please name 2 best strains that you have tried, in terms of yield and interms of potency. i will look into the names myself and will help me decide, thank you all cheers :D

A couple that come to mind are Satori for the energetic Sativa type high and Cali Connections Larry OG for that Potent and good yield. jmo

Reactions: zem
I have had real problems keeping my Larry OGs from getting too tall and leggy. It seems like no matter what I do, she ends up as a big willowy plant--she just takes up so much room for what she produces compared to something like Satori which seems to grow some nice compact plants (compared with other sativa dominant strains) with little stretch, but still with huge buds. I really love the taste of the Larry, but unless I can figure out how to keep her smaller and more compact, I am going to have to find another OG Kush strain. I do find Satori to be a more uppity high than Larry.

Why Big Bud? I know that the yield is supposed to be really good....but do you really want to sacrifice quality for quantity? To me Big Bud is for commercial growers whose first concern is making big bucks regardless of the quality.

my personally grown 2 best strains for these criteria;

dynasty seeds -cosmic brain
was a big yielder, though doesn't meet the medium high.. she was pretty decent too ;)
not grown it myself, but his drizella is a beast too.

and apollo or cindy99, for the personal upbeat fun high.
both are doable inside, but may take some training. not insane sativa growth though ;)
i personally found apollo13 more soaring than A11 myself. (there's many of these strains by different breeders.. so i've grown brothermonks c99, joeys A11, and subcools A13bx)

:)

I have had real problems keeping my Larry OGs from getting too tall and leggy. It seems like no matter what I do, she ends up as a big willowy plant--she just takes up so much room for what she produces compared to something like Satori which seems to grow some nice compact plants (compared with other sativa dominant strains) with little stretch, but still with huge buds. I really love the taste of the Larry, but unless I can figure out how to keep her smaller and more compact, I am going to have to find another OG Kush strain. I do find Satori to be a more uppity high than Larry.

Why Big Bud? I know that the yield is supposed to be really good....but do you really want to sacrifice quality for quantity? To me Big Bud is for commercial growers whose first concern is making big bucks regardless of the quality.
do you never feel like you want to smoke but don't want to get blazed? I would like to have a big yield medium potency strain for such times, and the big yield is nice and will last longer. for other times i want the more potent weed. i have satori on my list now, maybe i may add one third strain to the cart. if satori is you favorite sativa, what would be the most potent marijuana you ever smoked?

Barney's farm pineapple chunk will give you a good buzz. I have tried it and it is Good! Something like golden tiger or one of the Malawi strains sound like they would be good sativas. Might go a little longer under the light though. Actually some of the sativa skunks are very good.

Two of my favorite Sativa / Sativa dominant strains are Dr. Grinspoon and Tangerine Dream. The Dr. tends to grow tall and leggy. Early topping / fimming really helps. Both have a nice up buzz. Good potency in both.

okay great info so far, i think i can now pick my sativa strain.

can you also please name a strain, no matter if it is indica or sativa, that is the knockout, that will get you stoned from 2 puffs? i think i will get 3 or 4 strains in the end, 5 seeds from each, makes more sense to me.
Thanks

do you never feel like you want to smoke but don't want to get blazed? I would like to have a big yield medium potency strain for such times, and the big yield is nice and will last longer. for other times i want the more potent weed. i have satori on my list now, maybe i may add one third strain to the cart. if satori is you favorite sativa, what would be the most potent marijuana you ever smoked?

I actually don't smoke to "get blazed" anymore. I smoke to get me going, to alleviate pain, to help me sleep, to help me relax, etc....I really don't like the out of it feeling, which is why I smoke far more sativa dominant strains than anything else. Even at night, I just want something that will relax me, not something that will make me stupid. However, I still want something that tastes good and has a good high. I have been so unimpressed with the Big Bud that I grew that I would never recommend it to anyone.

I think that you will be happy with the Satori for your up energetic strain. I have tried a bunch of the others--C99, Apollo 11 (never tried the 13 though), hazes (which take f o r e v e r to flower). But Satori is my favorite. Part of the appeal is that the plant although mostly sativa, it grows more like an indica and only has a 9-10 week flowering period. She can get big, but she doesn't seem to get too leggy or stretched out like most sativas.

I personally have never ever in as long as I have been smoking (like since 1967) ever run into a 2 puff gets you stoned strain. I also have never had one that I would call "knockout". I can't even begin to imagine how many different strains I have smoked in the 47 years I have been smoking, but it has to be a lot.

THG,
You`re a lady after my own heart. 47 years huh ? I`m a light weight, only been 46 years. Do not believe I could have passed a drug test since July of 1968. Peace.

Ps,
Did try it a few times before then, but they don`t count.

THG,
You`re a lady after my own heart. 47 years huh ? I`m a light weight, only been 46 years. Do not believe I could have passed a drug test since July of 1968. Peace.

Ps,
Did try it a few times before then, but they don`t count.

Don't despair, you might be younger than me and have time to catch up...and I have had to take several hiatuses over the years--pregnancy and poverty come to mind.

Drug test--same here. We used to chuckle. The guy I served my plumbing apprentice under said that he didn't drug test his employees because he needed plumbers. Tradespeople tend to be big stones....except the sparkies--don't know what was up with the sparkies, but they didn't seem to get high like the rest of the tradespeople.

I think the pineapple chunk would serve the need. I have never smoked anything stronger and it grows sort of indica like. Super taste also.
I need to try some of the satori its been mentioned several lately. If I can get my buddy to grow it (indoor).

THG,
It`s been 99.9 % daily occurrence since then. I got by with a little help from my friends, from time to time. Don`t know about you, but I`ll be 67 next month. Spent over 25 years as a firefighter, after 2 in `nam. Had to be a real screw up to get tested at work. Being late was #1 cause. One chief said "you can walk from one end of the county to the other in less then 48 hours, no excuse for being late" and he meant it. Shift was 24 hours on and 48 hours off. Peace.

The pineapple chunks we grew out from seed were all tall as can be and less then stellar in every aspect but taste.... and from my reading many people had issues germinating PC... fairly sure people here couldn't get any to pop from packs...

G13's pineapple express on the other hand was awesome... we found several keepers from 1 pack....

Well maybe you need to get the light a little closer. You are the first person I've heard complain about it but to each his own. Like I said after 40 years of smoking i never smoked anything as good as that.
As far as germinating I see complaints on here sometimes about diff. Strains or even complete breeders ( kc brains) some seeds need a warmer area wetter paper towel. I've heard of seeds you Have to scarify just to get them to pop. Keep trying you'll get the hang of it. Good weed doesn't come easy. Also use 100% organic for taste.

I personally have never ever in as long as I have been smoking (like since 1967) ever run into a 2 puff gets you stoned strain.

I've got a few strains that I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't want a second hit from after the first kicked in.
;)

View attachment DSC_0695.jpg
I won't give a name as it can not be purchased, I'll just state it is African.

I watched two grown men do dabs for hours, took one hit each and folded the rest of the night. I can assure you these strains exist, and I'd pay money to watch you try your hand at it.
:evil:

The pineapple chunks we grew out from seed were all tall as can be and less then stellar in every aspect but taste.... and from my reading many people had issues germinating PC... fairly sure people here couldn't get any to pop from packs...

G13's pineapple express on the other hand was awesome... we found several keepers from 1 pack....

I'm going through this experience right now. My Pineapple Chunk only popped 3 out of the 5 seeds that came, they all grew tall with "airy" type of buds, mediocre taste / potency, but surely a good smell. I won't ever run them again, but I'm currently 3 weeks into flower on G13 Pineapple Express, and so far things are looking phenomenal. Great to hear what you have to say about this JAAM!! :aok:

i see that pineapple express, tangerine dream, and dr grinspoon are all feminized seeds. i try to keep away from feminized seeds fearing of introducing herm genes to my grows, except if you guys convince me otherwise. until now i have only Satori on my list.

i see that pineapple express, tangerine dream, and dr grinspoon are all feminized seeds. i try to keep away from feminized seeds fearing of introducing herm genes to my grows, except if you guys convince me otherwise. until now i have only Satori on my list.

Ok here you go... best stuff I've run so far is from OG Seeds out of cali. I'll link you some things.

I've run Wizards Potion (link in my sig to journal) and just finished on a Black Cauldron. JUST smoked some from a 5 day dry in the tent, and it's honestly the best stuff I've run and smoked to this day so far. :joint::fly::dancing:

So I'll link you the Black Cauldron, Alien Abduction (both of which currently sold out), Merlot OG (one of his bests I've read), and Zenfandel OG. All of his crosses seem to have a basis of SFV OG Kush, and it's all so good. I got 9 out of 12 fem's out of a pack for Wizards Potion, and 1 out of 4 fem from the Black Cauldron pack. This guy has video up with many many hours showing his processes etc, and some fun videos as well. Lots of content on youtube, just check out Vader OG channel. :aok:

Zenfandel - Click HERE
Merlot OG - Click HERE
Black Cauldron - Click HERE(sold out)
Alien Abduction - Click HERE

I'm currently running 2x Merlot OG and will give my results LIVE in my running journal here: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69229
They are both currently in my Scrog with others, so perfect time to start following along the journey. :D

I've been trying (suggestively) to get others on this forum to try this line of genetics. Nobody has checked this out I do not believe, but I implore you all to give it a try. I can speak for the Black Cauldron and Wizards Potion as being top notch in every single check mark on the list you can think. Yield, taste, look, smell, potency, strong structure, healthy plants. I'm going to start solely running his lines pretty soon here. I will be experimenting with 1 other strain beyond his line quite soon, but I need to run full tents of stuff I know is "solid" and this I know is solid after my 1.5 years doing this.

One thing I'm certain I want to try; Mel's stuff! :D

i will not be able to use attitude seedbank service. sadly i will have to choose from the breeders available in europe's seedbanks, particularly spain, i hve tried hard to find G13 or OG but with no luck. theres are long lists that i can choose from just not these 2 names so far. this is one of the lists i can buy from
00 Seeds Bank
710 Genetics
Ace Seeds
Advanced Seeds
Amaranta Seeds
Auto Seeds
Autofem
Barney's Farm
Big Buddha Seeds
Biohazard Seeds
Bomb Seeds
Buddha Seeds