Which Vacuum to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that hard like shatter or like wax, looks good. I only do personal stuff with my trimmings i dont really need a vac. Ill spend that on seeds or my garden! BtL

How do you guys prep your bud/trim before running it? BtL

I first grind all my material in the food processer pretty fine.... then start packing your tube a little at a time and use the back of a screwdriver to pack it down... repeat til full... I then freeze the packed extractor for at least a few hours and chill the cans of butane in the fridge... blast away... :bong:

Your doing a good job of avoiding the question. I'm an hvac tech I own the proper tools to do my job vacuum pump included no money wasted I even own an appion G5 to run a closed loop system

So why does the vacuum take away taste?
Who do people buy vac ovens?

My meds have flavor

So why does the vacuum take away taste?
Who do people buy vac ovens?

My meds have flavor

A. bc putting something under a vacuum lowers the boiling points... I did state this already but you must have missed it...

B. for LARGE runs of BHO... they are not buying vacs to purge less then 10g of BHO... they are purging ounces of BHO at a time... and long low heat purge would take DAYS to purge that amount...

IME vac'd BHO has little to ZERO flavor/smell...

I found science lab vac over for pretty cheap, wondering if it would work here are the specs
View attachment image.jpg
Fisher Scientific Model 282, Cat. No. 13-261-52 Vacuum Oven.

Temperature Range: Ambient to 208 C ( 1 C resolution )
Heat Rise Time: Ambient to 100 X in < 30 minutes.
Temperature Set-Point Accuracy: <+/- 2 C.
Cool-Down Time: 280 C to 100 C in approx. 2.5 hours
Temperature Set-Point Reproducibility +/- 0.1 C
Temperature Control Band: +/- 0.2 C
Long Term Stability : +/- 0.3 C
Temperature Display: 3 digits LED display to nearest 1 C.
Chamber Size: 12"W x 18"D x 12"H
Chamber Volume" 1.5 cu. ft.
External Dimensions: 26"W x 23"D x 22"H
Electrical: 115VAC, 60 Hz., 1700 W

It's like 300 bux, I think I'm getting it anyways

JAAM<Lowers boiling point? Boiling point of what?the terps?the hash? What about vacuum sealed flowers?And so far I'd be smoking stanks stuff on this thread,Looks great stankdank.

JAAM<Lowers boiling point? Boiling point of what?the terps?the hash? What about vacuum sealed flowers?And so far I'd be smoking stanks stuff on this thread,Looks great stankdank.

the boiling point of everything in the sample... THC, CBD, Terp, butane... is everything a hard word to understand?

How bout this experiment for one of you vac "praisers": please put a pyrex dish in your vac 1/2 full of water with a thermometer in the water and then put it under a vac and snap a pic of how hot the water is when it starts boiling... come on guys this is simple someone please do it...

how bout this you guys answer some simple questions: what temp does butane boil at???????

-1C it boils at. So under a vac it's easier to get the butane out.

So yes JAAM you are correct with time and low heat it will boil out.

-1C it boils at. So under a vac it's easier to get the butane out.

So yes JAAM you are correct with time and low heat it will boil out.

and im right about the boiling points as well... but you can continue to ignore that....

bc if stankdank don't think its true then it cant possibly be right....

Never sad that.....Find it odd that you say if a vac is used it will have NO taste.

I'd rather have full melt hash over BHO

So JAAM you make honeycomb and wax/budder with no vac?

jaam,your stuff looks great also,I'm not a "praiser",and can understand everything just fine with a decent explanation,maybe the vac.crushes the heads which would let more terps escape? I see unbusted heads in your pics i think?

Here's a little read on terpenes and why vacuum purging affects them..

That being said, he quickly determined that the substance must be terpenes. The flavorful, aromatic compounds were being lost as a result of the purging process, which explains why over-purged concentrate often has little-to-no flavor.

http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/10/30/terpene-isolation-could-be-the-future-of-cannabis/

:goodposting: and this is the reason why many "experts" are adding terps back into BHO after vac purging.... for added flavor that has been lost during the vac'd purge... :joint:

Here's a little read on terpenes and why vacuum purging affects them..

That being said, he quickly determined that the substance must be terpenes. The flavorful, aromatic compounds were being lost as a result of the purging process, which explains why over-purged concentrate often has little-to-no flavor.

http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/10/30/terpene-isolation-could-be-the-future-of-cannabis/

" over purging" key word. I don't disagree with Terp will evaporate off . Same thing with too high of heat.

Latest posts

Back