Which Vacuum to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadkndys

Reaction score
So I was thinking on getting a vacuum chamber kit but I see theres a few options. What kind of product can I expect with a 3 CFM pump with a 2 quart chamber? Would using a larger chamber and a larger pump just be for bigger yields?

Also whats the difference between single and double staged?

I got the Shattervac with a 3 CFM pump and a 2 qt Pyrex dish and it works great for me.

I use a YJ single stage 7 CFM pump. I then use a vac chamber that I got from a scientific wholesaler.

2 stage is for AC techs more so then BHO.

Pro tip . Put ball valve in between pump and chamber or the vaccum will suck oil out of pump to chamber

Hackerman, got a link?

This is the one I bought. I like it because you can swap out the dish with a standard Pyrex 1.75 qt bowl. The seal is on the top, not the bowl so any standard one works. I have definitely used more than one bowl at a time and it was a nice feature.

Everything seemed to work great for the few times I used it. I still don't like BHO as my every day smoke so I still have plenty from my last batch. Now, bubble hash on the other hand, I go through about 3 or 4 grams a day. LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shatter-Vac.../301334247961?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item4628ebba19

I also found it cheaper to buy them seperate, found a chamber an pump for 160$ total..
hey hacker how long do you leave it in the chamber? BtL

Yea JAAM that's why extract artists use vacuum ovens right?
If you said dry sift I'd be with you but totally disagree with the non vac stuff taste better? High heat would kill terpines taking taste out more so then vac.

Yea JAAM that's why extract artists use vacuum ovens right?
If you said dry sift I'd be with you but totally disagree with the non vac stuff taste better? High heat would kill terpines taking taste out more so then vac.

once again you don't know what your talking about... where did anyone say anything about high heat?? its basic chemistry that when you put something under a vacuum it lowers the boiling point...

you prob think you can get all the butane out of BHO huh?? that is simply not the case...

once again you don't know what your talking about... where did anyone say anything about high heat?? its basic chemistry that when you put something under a vacuum it lowers the boiling point...

you prob think you can get all the butane out of BHO huh?? that is simply not the case...

So since you are so educated on this topic can you please explain why people waste thousands of dollars on a vac oven to make exstracts with?

Latest posts

Back