Which would you do with a single plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heat mats with controllers
(separate)
They have a cheesy suction cup with a temp probe.
You need to put something on top.
But you need to make sure the sensor stays and does not roll off.
I have been using coco core small pots that fit in a tray with a cover till they show leaves then I spray them
I cut that suction cup off, put a hole in the tray I'm using for the probe, and insert it into a grow plug or similar.

I put the heating pad in my cloths draws than put my seeds in the drawer above. Does the trick for me. What temperature do you like to pop your seeds at?
I set it to 80 degrees usually. I've tried other temperatures, but really haven't kept track of what works best. 80 has been working for me with both seeds and clones, though since I got an Oxy Cloner I haven't needed a heating pad for cloning. The pump that goes in the reservoir keeps the water warm.

That's it my brother.

I see a recommendation for a heat mat. I'd avoid that at all costs. They are far to inaccurate and will surely overheat your plugs
I don't use heat pad either. Thanks, this thing has grown noticeably over night. Up potted to 3 gallon, another day or so I will top the first clone off, as per your instructions.

Bubba

Last edited:
I put the heating pad in my cloths draws than put my seeds in the drawer above. Does the trick for me. What temperature do you like to pop your seeds at?
I just lay the wet paper towel in a baggie on kitchen shelf. Lately I've had 100% using the rooter root plug and dome for clones for seed sprouting.

Bubba

Today is cut day, I will post pic of where I plan to cut. This thing is growing like a rocket! Pic upcoming when I return.

Bubba

Ok, ready to cut. I thought just above where the joint is perched. The stuff at the top IS the top in of the plant, it just gotcut off in the picture.

If there is a better spot, sing out please!

Bubba

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_133434716.jpg
    IMG_20230325_133434716.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230325_133917820.jpg
    IMG_20230325_133917820.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
My little clone is only 4th day. Looks very droopy. Hoping for best. Main plant is surging. Maybe take another cut.

Bubba

Well, my clone croaked. I see several others I can take, not done yet. Eventually it will need flowered, so I better get busy.

Bubba

The plant is scrogged out in a 2x4. I have a dome under the canopy with 8 new clones. Unlike the first one, these are not wilting....yet, and we are going on 3 days. Since I planned on taking the summer off, I am sure they will survive!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back