Which would you do with a single plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
It's a good one, and I want to make more. Would you grow it as a mother, or grow regular style and take cuts?

Of course, the method of making a mother plant means I wouldn't be trying any for a longer period, but oh well, right?

Bubba

It has it's own tent and light! I'm leaning that way, only bummer would be if my clones failed. Suppose I could delay flowering until a clone takes off if necessary. Ok, I will go that route. I will be able to try it sooner that way to boot.

Bubba

I would also take a bunch of cuttings and as you said, delay flowering until you have viable clones. I have had plants vegging in my basement since mid November. I just prune them and keep them under a 2 bulb HOT5 fixture. They seem happy. Probably rootbound like a mf’er but they are not stressed looking yet. I’d probably have 40 or 50 clones if I had tried rooting all the branches I cut off. My clones that I tried all failed though but in my defense, my cats knocked over the container I had the clones in.

You could also reverse one of your clones and flower it in the tent with the mother or another clone.

That one roots easily and quickly. Give it another week and then take the top off. It'll respond real well to that. Root the top and keep that as your mom.

It is already approaching twice as big....Wow, I never thought of cloning the snipped tips. Guess it should be a little larger? How big should the top shoot be to clone?

Well I guess you already said, "two weeks" growth! I'm on it.
Thanks,

Bubba

Little bit longer then....

Attachments

• IMG_20230319_140833900.jpg
    IMG_20230319_140833900.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
Probably doesn't even need a week before you take the top off of it. Maybe a couple of days? Next time you water I'd go full strength and then 24hrs after I'd take my first cut.

I have clonex gel and those rapid rooter plug things, a dome to put them in, anything else I should have on hand? Planned on using sterilized exato blade for the cut

Bubba

I have clonex gel and those rapid rooter plug things, a dome to put them in, anything else I should have on hand? Planned on using sterilized exato blade for the cut

Bubba
Something to keep them warm, seedling mat, heating pad, etc.

Bubba
That's it my brother.

I see a recommendation for a heat mat. I'd avoid that at all costs. They are far to inaccurate and will surely overheat your plugs

That's it my brother.

I see a recommendation for a heat mat. I'd avoid that at all costs. They are far to inaccurate and will surely overheat your plugs
Weird you should post this. I bought one for a different project. I wanted something low power and low heat to keep a small box in the mid 70’s. Before using it for my project, I wanted to test the environment so I put a thermometer in with it and set it at its lowest setting. An hour later, the box was 104 degrees. ***?

Weird you should post this. I bought one for a different project. I wanted something low power and low heat to keep a small box in the mid 70’s. Before using it for my project, I wanted to test the environment so I put a thermometer in with it and set it at its lowest setting. An hour later, the box was 104 degrees. ***?
I have heat mats with controllers
(separate)
They have a cheesy suction cup with a temp probe.
You need to put something on top.
But you need to make sure the sensor stays and does not roll off.
I have been using coco core small pots that fit in a tray with a cover till they show leaves then I spray them

Latest posts

Back