whispy leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have various strains going right now but a couple of my WW gals have began to show some disfigurement within the new growth.

I`m running a 400w HPS, have vegged for 8 weeks and just transplanted for flower under a week ago, although no trauma occured during this transplant.

I`ve been giving them 25-15-15 on the nutes and foliar spraying with dissolved lime for Ca/Mg at lights out.
I have yet to make the light change.

The fingers of the leaves are curving in an "S" shape, and seem to be twisting.

I`m treating a Mg/ca defficeincy at present, also slowly raising the ph to make the deficeint nutrients available.

Appologies for pics but it`s the best I can muster...

The Sativa dominant strains are doing great...

0527470.jpg

052834.jpg

Hey Shuggy we need better pics I can't tell a thing by those

a cal/mag defieciency can be solved by adding epsom salt also to your soil mix. are you soil or hydro? also wilted leaves can mean too hot a lot of times or even just too many lumens much burn is misdiagnosed as a deficiency be it from overnutes or heat/light. any pics?

These guys have all the light they could ever ask for. Actually had to raise my HPS yesterday as some leaves had light bleaching, I`ll try and get a pic up of that but I`m taking them by webcam, long story....

Soil, yes.

Maybe as the lights bleached one plant, heat could have been the issue but since transfering them into the flower area temps are kept stable at 80f.

I`ll try and get better pics guys, sorry.

Cheers Ozzy. That thread along with many others within this forum have been a constant 'by my side', since I began.

I`m thinking it`s the ph adjustment, I`ll get it stabilized before sweating any problems.

I just know that cal/mag deficiency in soil isnt that common. pics still dark.
all I mix into 5 gallons is 2 keg cups worm castings, 1/4 gauno(no nitrogen for bloom), 1/2 kelp, tbs epsom salt and thats it. just water with plain water and 1 tbs molasses per 5 gallons during bloom. it costs like 10 bucks a plant and it goes side by side with any house and garden advanced nutes etc. its mostly in the genetics really.

Thanks dude, I`ve no intentions to flush though, being just transplanted into ericaceous soil with added bone meal to this mix.

When daylight hits I`ll get better pics...

foliar spraying with dissolved lime for Ca/Mg
I've never.... heard of foliar spraying with lime. epsoms, yes,.. lime, no... :confused2:

Thanks dude, I`ve no intentions to flush though, being just transplanted into ericaceous soil with added bone meal to this mix.

It could be the plants are shocked from the tranplant into a "hotter" soil and are adjusting to it.

Yup, I`ve been spraying with dissolved garden lime...
I take it that`s a strong candidate for my problems?

Some different pics but only slightly better.
:holysheep:

093655.jpg

093656.jpg

They`re rubbish, but it`s only the shape the leaves are taking which has me concerned.

Attachments

• 093626.jpg
    093626.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 43
My money is on if you quit spraying lime on them they will start growing right

ozzydiodude said:
My money is on if you quit spraying lime on them they will start growing right
"ditto"... especially if you just TP to a fresh/hotter soil as well. Your soil should have been pre-amended with lime, if you were concerned with mg deff' or ph .. ;)

I would like to know where the OP read that fpiler with lime was good?...

sounds like your on the right track for fixing what ever the issue is...the pics are still tough to see..take care and be safe

:48:

On a sticky within this section for treating a calcium def...

Latest posts

Back