white flies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

old goat
Reaction score
if you don't have 'em you will some day...I was gifted a few rooted cuts about a year ago...seen a white fly here and there since that day...I've been doing my house keeping thinking I was winning the war...I've got 12 plants in flower so it's pretty thick in the tents...yesterday I pulled the plants to defoliate and wow was I wrong...one plant seemed to be the mother ship for the flies...sprayed with pyganic and thought that's what was needed, been using it for the past year to kill what I thought was a few flies...today I went thru all the plants and basically hand washed each one after culling the mother ship...I was told a far better product for these bastages is ExciteR...this product has 6% pyrethrins whereas pyganic has 1.4%...seems like a no brainer...the moral of this story is if you see one chances are you've got way more...

that Pyganic is the cats ass when sprayed regularly according to instructions

we had really bad aphid infestation two years ago , really bad...we had a bizillion ladybugs but they couldn’t keep up

the aphids came back this year but because I was diligent about inspecting the plants on a regular basis , we got the jump on them bastiages and won the war thanks to Pyganic and Monterey Spinosad

I can’t imagine what it’s like fighting those buggers in an inside grow tent

dood, I've been using pyganic gut can't seem to do a thorough kill, hence the ExciteR trial...4 times the guts of pyganic so it should kill the bastages off, then again in 3 days to hopefully get the eggs when they hatch...

that Pyganic is the cats ass when sprayed regularly according to instructions

we had really bad aphid infestation two years ago , really bad...we had a bizillion ladybugs but they couldn’t keep up

the aphids came back this year but because I was diligent about inspecting the plants on a regular basis , we got the jump on them bastiages and won the war thanks to Pyganic and Monterey Spinosad

I can’t imagine what it’s like fighting those buggers in an inside grow tent
I think you hit it on tents to, I use it as a preventative. My first sign is seeing one floating in the dehumidifier water..

Then the hose down begins. I need to get some Spinosad to try. Few occasional mists of Pyganic on soil surface after watering seems to keep them away.

Bubba

I think you hit it on tents to, I use it as a preventative. My first sign is seeing one floating in the dehumidifier water..

Then the hose down begins. I need to get some Spinosad to try. Few occasional mists of Pyganic on soil surface after watering seems to keep them away.

Bubba

I used to hang those fly catcher strips in my indoor grow rooms as a tool to look for flying insects

but yes , prevention is better than crisis management

I saw a few here and there but didn't think they were heavy until I took the plant out of the tent...that's one of the downsides of tents, I don't have the luxury of walking around the girls and seeing them from all angles...cleaned the place up today, stripping the fans, vacuuming out the tents, retrussing as needed...I need to work on ventilation and bring in a fresh air intake and exhaust unit...

I saw a few here and there but didn't think they were heavy until I took the plant out of the tent...that's one of the downsides of tents, I don't have the luxury of walking around the girls and seeing them from all angles...cleaned the place up today, stripping the fans, vacuuming out the tents, retrussing as needed...I need to work on ventilation and bring in a fresh air intake and exhaust unit...
I just don't have an outdoor place to plant, so indoors wins that for many people's uses. They are a compromise. Down side, well simply put is lack of space!

But for the guy trying to keep himself supplied, they are quite the boon. At least with easier shorter strains, if someone would just use known Quantities and follow instructions and advice they should be successful, even with a small tent. Let's you have a little ideal environment to grow in, once you get your lights and stuff figured out, and heat/humidity under control they're nice.

A compromise. They are what they are, and aren't what they're not.

Bubba

alpine.jpg
$80

I thought that Spinosad is not effective for whiteflies and aphids. I once harvested an infested grow and it was not nice, after i had them washed with h2o2 i hung them and then for days i watched the aphids climbing up on the line that is tied to the plant trying to escape and i put rat glue at the points of contact with the walls so that the apids stuck there. What was surprising though is that after drying and curing, I was not able to detect any bugs in the stash.

Can ozone kill aphids without killing plants or you mean to use it in between grows without any plants?

Good question.
I always used yellow cardboard or fly squatters with Vasiline. They are attracted to the yellow. Only had them in my grow room once mostly see them outside in my garden area or roses.

Last edited:
What is that?
That little box is referred to as an ozone generator. It’s sterilizes the air that it comes in contact with and will kill any type of fungus or mildew and pests but it will destroy the plants…

That little box is referred to as an ozone generator. It’s sterilizes the air that it comes in contact with and will kill any type of fungus or mildew and pests but it will destroy the plants…
They'll kill the plants?

So you use it between grows in your tents

yes

correct, it gives you a fully sterile enviornment to grow in...
Guess I wasn't thinking...or rather I was thinking of it being de-concentrated and used as a fungus/bug preventive while growing.

Latest posts

Back