white gilled mushrooms in bag of soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaloveplasma

Reaction score
If these are destroying angels should I throw this bag out? Or is it ok to use even if they are the most poisonous mushroom In world. Would you use this bag or would it freak you out. It's probobaly a good sign tho soilless is alive.. Allliiiivvvee. What do you guys think. It is cool. Thought id ask opinion and share.

View attachment WP_20150513_001.jpg

Well that is just the weirdest thing i have ever seen. What is the soil? You are right though, the soil is alive. Were you putting this outside or indoor? Holy crap that is freaky.

Maybe indoors. I think its Oregon's Only Organics mix #4. I am kinda scared of it actually. Not sure what it is or if its safe.

Was it real damp? You could lay it out and let it get some sun, even if you are in oregon~). Just means you have lots of fungal activity...I would lay it out and see what happens when it gets exposed to sun. Then I would probably use it after it cooked a bit.

It is freaky looking but nothing to worry about. Just don't eat it. Good luck and tell us what you did.

when mushrooms grow in your soil it is because you have all the right nute and moisture. It is a sign of healthy soil.

I've got free organic bottles for the nutrients to. Supposedly they where made for each other. Just hope to have problem free grow.

Plasma, i have only grown pot for 6 years, but i have NEVER had a problem free grow. And i am an experienced gardener. lol... So your goal is lofty. I am trying to make sure my own grow has enough fungi and bacteria and your starting out with it right...Are the nutes by the same company?

Not sure if its same company but it could be an offshoot company. I believe they are related. Also Shop says they are comparable to the new vegan nutrient company claims they are some of the most organic and best nutrients. Don't know in reference to what but I think it would be hard to burn plants with it. It's likely watered down. Nutrients are Nectar for the Gods. Seems like lots of bottles. Ran it on some outdoor plants and appeared to do well.

Welll mojo for your grow Plasma...this is fun stuff right here.:vap-Bong_smoker:

I am using it. Still freaked out by it. Mushrooms should not steal my plants nutrients right?
And the plant won't take up mushrooms amino acids right? They are very toxic if it is a poisonous mushroom. I may call the college and ask tomorrow.

No, the plants won't be hurt from the mushrooms, they won't take up the toxic. They will add to you colony they won't take nutrients, they will add it.

Do call and verify, but i am sure they won't hurt your plants. I hope you are calling master gardeners...I used to be one...Here is a story for you.

One time Washington state sent pine trees to Colorado to help them as all their trees were dying. In washington the trees weren't affected by the insect that was killing the trees in CO. Well it didn't work. The reason? Washington didn't take the fungi that lived with the trees. They just sent the trees... they figured the fungas is a symbiotic help for the trees. Let me know what you find out. very interesting. My point is fungi is good.

Interesting story. So even if it is a destroying angel it wont poison my crop is what you are saying? I am taking it to my nursery to see what they say.

Please do.Let me know what they say. I am telling you those mushrooms will go away as soon as you give your plants a dry period that cannabis likes so well. They spores may stay but there are spores everywhere anyway. It will be fine in my opinion.. BUt please tell us the nursery's thoughts.

So soil was never watered and no more moist then any other potting soil when opening. Nursery and poison control said mushrooms are not a problem. Don't know if they are wrong or not. Just kind of scary. I guess these things are very poisonous. They destroy your organs specifically liver. Usually by onset of problems you need a liver transplant. Maybe that is worse case scenario.

So a scientist, a master gardener, a nursery and poison control all said it is ok.. .

I am thinking it is ok.

Little mushrooms grow in my Soils that i mix myself. These mushrooms have never hurt anything. I pull them up like i do weeds. My plants are killer,,and love my soil. Have some of the biggest Cayenne peppers i have ever seen. I have no idea what kind of mushrooms these are but they havent hurt anything at all. I see them in my Compost too.

So a scientist, a master gardener, a nursery and poison control all said it is ok.. .

I am thinking it is ok.

For some reason I think I've a phobia of mushrooms that I didn't know about. I know touching them is ok and I wont do it.

Latest posts

Back