White Spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved the two runts to new soil. The old soil was definatly airy as it fell all apart and as it fell it took my blue widows main root with it. The other runts roots were right to the bottom as well but hers stayed intact. Hopefully she comes back. I also went out and got some organic fruit/veggie incecticide which is good for mites and thripes. Will see what happens.

I transplanted them all. The big ones have tones of roots. so it was really hard to pick out the dirt around. They didn't get nearly as much of the new soil but they seem to be doing really well as far as root development as compared to the runts. But i suspect that's why they are runts. Anyways we shall see what happens. Thanks for all the responses. Time to go clean up the dirt all over the floor.

Looks like its a zinc deficiency. The bigger ones have all started to get orange tips on the new growth.Couldn't find any zinc suppliments so I burried some galvanized bolts. Hopefully some of the zinc coating will run off soon enough.

Deficiency-Symptoms: A deficiency of zinc will result in the yellowing of chloroplasts between leaf-veins, usually with purplish spots of dead cells on leaf-surfaces; older/lower leaves are the first to show symptoms. Vegetative-growth is retarded and deformed, and floral-growth is reduced. Excessive “Zn”-levels can initiate an “Fe”(iron)-deficiency.

Found that online....

Mine looks exactly like that found on the deficiency chart stickied in this section. It looks like the zinc progression on one, and the one before that on others.

WrEkkED said:
Looks like its a zinc deficiency. The bigger ones have all started to get orange tips on the new growth.

Google 'nutrient burn' and let me know if that is what your plants look like. If your plant is less then 2 weeks old and grown in nutrient rich soil I think you might actually be dealing with having to many nutrients instead of lacking a trace element.

I could be wrong but it seems to make more sense considering how seeds have enough energy to sustain the first 2-4 weeks of plant growth. Based on what you mentioned, this seems the more likely scenario.

WrEkkED said:
They are two weeks old and some are showing a few white spots.

I was wondering if maybe it was nute burn also. But it was more orange looking and only one new growth. After putting the galvanized bolts in the earth yeaterday, the new growth overnight and today is a beautiful green. No white spots, no signs of burn. Even the plant that got half chopped when my snowboard fell on it is back standing upright and growing awesomely.The original white spots may have been nute burn on the first sets of leaves.

For next time, I'll stick with my normal soil. I usually use Cil Gro seed starting soill and transplant into Cil Gro potting soil. They have a great mix in them but I just wanted a nutrient rich soil like the one they will be planted in, in the forest.

I still can't find my good camera to get close ups of the few tips that were orange. They have now kind of dried out. Anyways here's some pics. The first one is what two of them look like. The second pic is the one that got chopped by the snowboard, and lastly the runt is the BlueWidow, and the runt ak 47 looks pretty much the same so I didn't take a pic.

View attachment 170149

View attachment 170150

View attachment 170151

Latest posts

Back