White Spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaynco

Reaction score
Hello, I am a beginner at growing cannabis so I wanted to get onto this issue ASAP. When I was spraying my outdoor plants earlier this evening, I noticed almost white spots on the base of the leaves starting to turn white/yellow. The plants have shown no sign of dying and have been watered well with the recent rain. See attached photo for an example.

Somebody please inform me on what this is and how I can get on top of it as fast as I can.

Thank you,
- Blaynco

Oh I forgot to mention, I know the plant has been getting torn up by slugs. I bought some organic natural insecticide to hopefully deal with that problem already. :)

Slugs can be dealt with very easily with copper--pennies, copper wire, etc. Slugs cannot cross copper. You can also use beer traps to control slugs. I would recommend checking these methods before using insecticides...even natural ones can cause problems. For instance there is some evidence that CHS may be caused by neem oil.

Okay I will attempt that first before using the insecticides. Any explanations for the white spots though?

Tell us more about these spots. Are they on every plant? Is it on every or most of the leaves? When did this happen? Why were you spraying your plants and with what?

I believe that these “spots” are just burns from spraying my plant during the daytime. It’s on two of my bigger plants, my smaller one does not have any but it sits lower to the ground. I noticed it started happening two days ago after I sprayed some the mixture on them.

Again.....why are you spraying your plants and with what?

I believe that these “spots” are just burns from spraying my plant during the daytime. It’s on two of my bigger plants, my smaller one does not have any but it sits lower to the ground. I noticed it started happening two days ago after I sprayed some the mixture on them.
As THG asked, what are you spraying on your plants? Are you foliar feeding them or just spraying them with water?
The pics look like they are dried out more than anything else, maybe from light reflecting through water spots, maybe not.
and you should NEVER spray anything on your plants while the lights are on or they are under direct sunlight, if you need to spray them it's best to do it in the evening or in the VERY early morning outside so everything has a chance to dry before the sun gets too hot.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY GROWING !!!
P.S.- Always listen to The Hemp Goddess, she's one of the best.

Latest posts

Back