White Widow (Dutch Passion) and GG grow - BobHasBurgers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Widow coming along just fine. Weaved them into net 3 days ago. Just letting it grow. On this third grow I've reduced nutrients by half as well as no water until plants tell me they're ready for it! I was too helpful and eager the first two grows when it came to abundantly available fresh water and bottled nutrients. No more hovering over the plants other than one daily check in. These Herbies seeds (White Widow Dutch Passion and GG) have done very well! Also have a few rooting clones from current plants in veg. Learned that lesson on second grow when I finished the plant and had nothing ready and even had to order seeds! Life got a bit busy and I was quietly overwhelmed with these beautiful plants while dealing with other moving parts of life. But I was determined to have my steak and cake and eat the damn things too! Coming along nicely considering...

tempImage6QlUIq.png
tempImageuIzn2P.png

Below are clones from above plants.

tempImagehgivdU.png

Last edited:
Howdy bigsur51, thank you for messaging. I do check pH whether watering with or without nutes. Got me a BlueLab pH and PPM meter. While on the subject, I once mixed my nutrients and poured into plants just to realize I forgot to pH! Luckily it was a mix that was at pH 5.9 and not far from target 6.3 pH. She may be a weed, but I always check that pH before going into pots.

White Widow coming along just fine. Weaved them into net 3 days ago. Just letting it grow. On this third grow I've reduced nutrients by half as well as no water until plants tell me they're ready for it! I was too helpful and eager the first two grows when it came to abundantly available fresh water and bottled nutrients. No more hovering over the plants other than one daily check in. These Herbies seeds (White Widow Dutch Passion and GG) have done very well! Also have a few rooting clones from current plants in veg. Learned that lesson on second grow when I finished the plant and had nothing ready and even had to order seeds! Life got a bit busy and I was quietly overwhelmed with these beautiful plants while dealing with other moving parts of life. But I was determined to have my steak and cake and eat the damn things too! Coming along nicely considering...

View attachment 307407View attachment 307408

View attachment 307409
Very nice

View attachment 307407View attachment 307408

View attachment 307409
Hello BobHasBurgers your plant are looking beautiful. Have fun.:32110marijuana:

Your white widow looks really nice Bob, that was the first strain I grew when I started back in the day. You look like you’ll have no problem enjoying the girls for many moons… i’m looking forward to seeing you finish them

You will be very happy with that WW
Still growing mine for 16 years from 10 seeds

Howdy Growdude, my introduction and love for WW began when I kept a runt plant second grow. That flower was insanely good. It remains better than the other five strains I grew and a dozen others I've tried. I said I would continue growing WW till end of year but I plan on continuing with this strain until further notice. Basically found what I was looking for :)

Dutch Passion has some nice autoflowers. Good an potent with nice size buds.

I'll flip the WW to flower in a week or so. Was just thinking and revisiting the hot topic of 24,48, or 36 hr. dark period before flipping to flower. While some say they noticed no difference, others won't make a move without it claiming bigger and better yield. I want to figure out where I stand on this matter. I did 48 hr darkness on first grow before flipping to flower. The second grow I did 24 hrs of darkness then flipped to flower. This third grow I will do the same.

What are you all doing about that? Do you shut off lights for 24 or more hrs then flip to flower 12/12? Do you unzip tent and holler at plants that your switching gears to 12/12 or do nothing at all?

Bout time we had some tent drama. Can someone tell me ***!!!!! Uh, excuuuuuse me?!? I looked into my 2x4 tent this evening and one of the plants is doing what's in pictures below. It's the only plant doing this as the others remain normal - like I saw them yesterday! The others look normal and have normal colors as well.

IMG_2814.jpg
IMG_2815.jpg
IMG_2816.jpg
IMG_2817.jpg

It's been suggested that we're looking at a Copper deficiency. I checked my runoff PPMs and it was off the charts. Very surprising as I held back on nutes and even cut everything in half. I checked again to make sure my pH meter was calibrated and it was too high! This can apparently be caused by improper pH on water or runoff which reduces availability of Copper to the plant. I did an emergency flush for the first time.

Here's the Columbo moment folks. Here it comes as he scratches his head turns back around before showing himself to the door asking: "One more thing Sir, did you mention being up late one night mixing nutes, and on ONE of the pitchers of water, you recalled forgetting to pH"....

Turns out my city water pH can soar above 10 pH and vary wildly depending on nutes added.

Last edited:
It's been suggested that we're looking at a Copper deficiency. I checked my runoff PPMs and it was off the charts. Very surprising as I held back on nutes and even cut everything in half. I checked again to make sure my pH meter was calibrated and it was too high! This can apparently be caused by improper pH on water or runoff which reduces availability of Copper to the plant. I did an emergency flush for the first time.

Here's the Columbo moment folks. Here it comes as he scratches his head turns back around before showing himself to the door asking: "One more thing Sir, did you mention being up late one night mixing nutes, and on ONE of the pitchers of water, you recalled forgetting to pH"....

Turns out my city water pH can soar above 10 pH and vary wildly depending on nutes added.
Yikes! 10 is not good. Get pH under control and your issues will likely disappear.

What are you doing for water? Are you still using city water?

Latest posts

Back