White Widow (Dutch Passion) and GG grow - BobHasBurgers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These girls are hanging in there. Opened tent early morning and found some of those pesky rust spots. Removed as many affected leaves and found the plants noticeably fattening up. Regarding the rusty spots, when I rub between fingers it doesn't come off onto my fingers. So probably not a fungal infection. Perhaps a magnesium or calcium deficiency. Can't be nutrient burn as I've kept those ppm's under close check! Seems I have new problems with this new approach of holding back and verifying nutes (PPM and pH) and water until needed.

IMG_3357.jpg
White WidowIMG_2933White Widow.jpg

Could your PPMs have built up a bit if in soil or coco/lite, I always do feed feed water and watch the tips of leaves for signs of browning to see if feed is to strong.
Plants look Good

Recently tested runoff water and PPM in check with ph a little low. Testing soil pH tonight when lights come back on.

I just wanna say that I can't believe I'm into my 3rd grow! I remember the cops at my grade school terrifying us with reel to reel movie about horrors of drug use, passing around paraphernalia, sniffer dog found weed stashed in teacher's crossed arms demonstration, and finally dropped the mega ton bomb when he lit a joint and walked around for us to smell it! Horrifying madness! Cop saying something like "This is the smell that takes you to jail!", "This is the smell that takes you to jail!" Well shit, we kids couldn't wait to get home and tell the parents what happened at school today. Into my 50's now, it turns out it's helped me both mentally and physically. So thank you for guiding me during my growing journey. While many drugs (particularly street lab drugs) are detrimental to anyone using, this beautiful plant is not in that destructive and deadly class.

Turns out we can all chant "This is the smell we grow so well"! - "This is the smell we grow so well"! Until next update, THANK YOU for sharing your expertise with me along the way.

View attachment 310226
They did the same thing back when I was in high school, only they passed a joint around so everyone could see and smell it. Somebody nicked it, and the state bull said he'd lock the classroom door and search each and everyone in the room if it didn't reappear. They found it on the floor......

They did the same thing back when I was in high school, only they passed a joint around so everyone could see and smell it. Somebody nicked it, and the state bull said he'd lock the classroom door and search each and everyone in the room if it didn't reappear. They found it on the floor......
I hope it was not near your toothbrush

I've figured out what's causing these spots and premature fade effect. It's TOO HOT IN THE TENT! Now hitting 90's. Raised lights all the way to the top of tent and then some. Lights hanging around 16" from plant tops. I'm screwed on this one. You see, this 2x4 tent got moved into a closet space since last two completed plants. I removed the door to that space and assembled the tent within. Turns out the intakes are not taking in cool air. It's just a big ole' sunny trip to H**L for these plants as the lights come on for 12 hrs. I try cooling off by opening entire front for a few minutes and even dropped in a cheap Amazon air cooler that uses ice - doesn't affect shit! Will have to come up with a solution other than dropping an air conditioner into an already central air cooled room. In the meantime, I went back to my curing GG and sampled. Awesome effects and high. Second only to my first and only little White Widow completed on second grow.

Kinda went like this...

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 1.43.11 AM.png

Last edited:
On a side note, any idea why my home grown varieties never look like buds and nugs purchased at a dispensary? I'm talking about that highly compressed look and feel like the example pictured below. What are they doing to the final product to make every single bud so tight and compact?

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 5.33.34 AM.png

On a side note, any idea why my home grown varieties never look like buds and nugs purchased at a dispensary? I'm talking about that highly compressed look and feel like the example pictured below. What are they doing to the final product to make every single bud so tight and compact?

View attachment 311097
Thats not Good , I forget what they are doing but its chemically modified .
There was just a lot of articles on that in the news
I can not remember what the growers are using but they said it was not good.

Yep,,I was looking at that the other day. Gotta be careful with dispensary weed. I heard their doing that a lot. Shit ain't good for ya either.
Big and Pute could probably chime in on that.

Great to see some may agree that the buds in this picture didn't naturally dry and cure into this state, and have been sprayed or treated for final look?
Seems all dispensary bud has this look. We visited several shops in Colorado and Santa Fe, NM and all of it had this look. I was beginning to think that quality looked like this and not what was in my curing jar.

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 5.33.34 AM.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back