White Widow Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbudz

Reaction score
So here I am starting my grow journal, still in need of cloning tips. But... here goes! My plant is about 3 1/2 weeks into veg. stands at about 14 inches tall and is very bushy! It's gonna need topped soon, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that either! It's been over a year since my last grow, so it's like starting and learning the basics all over again. Here are a couple pics from my grow so far, I'm hoping to clone in the next week or so, don't want to lose this strain, as it was my last (very pricy) seed.

DSCF2602.JPG

Widow 001.JPG

Widow 002.JPG

Widow 004.JPG

Widow 007.JPG

Looking great so far, it is growing nice and tight. Keep up the good work man.

looking good bigbudz.:hubba: i'm doing ww now too. check in my sig. gonna be cloning here too. i have 2 fems in my set-up. good luck, i'll be watching this one for sure...:D ...

Very nice start man. I will be watching. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Good luck!

I decided today to lower the plant a little from the light, it's grown an inch in just 2 days. It's getting bushier and bushier each day, we're able to see new sets of leaves coming in everywhere. I've picked a couple branches I'd like to clone, and am hopin to do so in the next few days. So, if anyone could help me out with cloning, I'd appreciate it. Anyone have a good method of cloning they'd like to share??!!!

It's so good to be back, btw, I forgot how knowledgable everyone on this site is.

I have never tried it, but I have watched and read a lot about it. I will see if I can gather some information for you, (and my self) and I will post it up here.

hey bigbudz shes looking good
imo cloning is a nightmare :giggle: the only way i have ever managed to clone is by cutting ,straight in to root hormone powder/or gel and straight into the soil ,,any other attempt i tried just dies on me ,
goodluck with the cloning and the rest of your journal :peace:

I've cloned before, and they turned out fine, I'm just not sure I remember how to properly do it without stressin out my plant too much.
Btw, Melissa, I read your entire grow journal for your white satin and lowrider gals, and WOW!! you did an awesome job, I was totally impressed, it's nice to see another female growin some ganja! My husband helps when he can, but this white widow is my baby!

Looking beauitiful bro. Grat job!!

gettinggray1964 said:
hey its like rideing a bike, you never forget how too....

Unfortunately for me I haven't rode a bike in over 15 yrs... lol:p

Hey man, NICE node growth thats what you want is that bushy little thing youll have 1 thick cola thats really heavy. To top I normally pinch the 2 new leaves growing and get a little under them with the scissors and cut the main stem horizontally. Those new leave sets will just cut right off and your plant will be stunted for like 1 day but its worth it. You will soon see 2 new tops sprouting towards the sky.

So here we are today, I've got my plant in just reg. ph balanced water, as I want to clone it tomorrow. Things seem to be going really well. I had to lower it down a few more inches from the light, the tips of my leaves were starting to get a little crispy. But so far all looks well, I think I'm going to try to top it, and let it go for another week and then put it into flowering. The nodes are so close together, and it's really bushy! Here's a few new pics from just a few minutes ago. Things are well in the land of bigbudz!

Picture or Video 093.JPG

Picture or Video 091.JPG

Wow man, makes me want to grow some WHITEWASH dutchbreeds version of white widow.

I took a few clones from my WW a few days ago, and watched my main WW plant closely for a few days. There didn't seem to be hardly any stress to it, and I still had new leaves sprouting even today, so... after much consideration, my husband and I decided to start flowering the main WW today. We moved it to a new closet, which has been completely sealed off to avoid light leaks ( past experience...). I'm not sure on the measurements for the new room yet, I'll post those later.

We're using a 250 watt HPS to flower, and will gradually add maxi bloom to the water until we can wean it from the veg. nurtients. In the next few days, I'll take some new pics and post them, once I can see a difference in the growth.

As far as the clones go, they seem to be doing really well so far. Of course the leaves drooped and they looked pretty sad at first, but one of the clones has already perked back up and isn't nearly as droopy. Once they root and show signs of new growth, I'll get some pics of them as well.

After about 3 weeks of the clones vegging you should FIM your plant to make it nice a bushy with more coletops

Latest posts

Back