White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prefersativa

Reaction score
Earlier this year, White Widow from Dutch Passion? was one of the freebies Attitude sent out. So a few months ago, I decided to pop the one I had. She is now about 50 days into flower, large and vigorous. But she doesn't seem to be frosting up as expected. I went to various breeder sites, and they all seem to suggest total darkness for the last 2 weeks. Can anyone share their experience with the Widow?

Nutes are not likely to be the problem, if there is one. I use all organic soil, very similar to mixes used by many other folks here. While not expecting plants as photogenic as those depicted by the breeders, I was hoping for more eye appeal. We'll see how she smokes. In the end, that's what really matters.

I cannot believe that anyone would put there plants into 2 weeks of dark. I am not sure why anyone believes that this could be beneficial. What is their reasoning? There has to be a scientific reason for things.....if they actually work.

LOL--"they say"....who says? I pretty much want to see a scientific reason when people make claims like this. This just sounds like another one of those non-substantiated things that pop up every now and again. People used to pierce the stems of the plants with spikes or nails. Is there any proof anywhere that stressing a plant makes it produce more trichs? And even if it did (which I do not believe) are those immature trichs worth anything--why do we wait for the trichs to mature?

I have heard of putting them in the dark forthe last 2 days to fatten up the buds but I think 2 weeks would nearly kill the plants.

All of my grows have been the Dutch passion WW, take a look at my journals, got some macro shots in there somewhere.

Let them go for about 9 weeks, and they will be looking good.

I have a buddy that went to cali and smoked all kinds of buds and came back and told me "that widow can take the Pepsi challange with that Cali weed any day"

Hold on to it.

My current grow has a WW from Dinafem. She is 4 day's shy of 9 weeks..Check my gj.

Latest posts

Back