White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josey, you should go buy a nice big grow bag, say 25 gallons and not put it in the ground at all.
The roots love the aeration they get, you can feed it more often and best of all, you can bring it indoors or put it under cover if we get a wet fall.
I think actually planting in the ground is going to be pretty much phased out by most of us, the higher quality fabric bags are good for at least 2 or 3 seasons, they're a wonderful thing.
Good luck, Josey.
Josey, you should go buy a nice big grow bag, say 25 gallons and not put it in the ground at all.
The roots love the aeration they get, you can feed it more often and best of all, you can bring it indoors or put it under cover if we get a wet fall.
I think actually planting in the ground is going to be pretty much phased out by most of us, the higher quality fabric bags are good for at least 2 or 3 seasons, they're a wonderful thing.
Good luck, Josey.
Well it's Sept, days are shorter and cooler at night. My plants have started flowering and i want to bring them inside at some point. Would it be OK to put them under the lights to finish them or am i asking for trouble?

I brought some outdoor plants into my tent once. That led to a big problem that took me a good couple of grows to completely eradicate.

043.JPG

Doh! iPhone autocorrect... I meant to type bug problem. Sorry.

NP. Sorry about the original reply. ‘a big problem’ and ‘a bug problem’ in the end are the same thing but changing bug to big changes it from informative to uninformative. Do you have a garage that might be a bit warmer at night that you could put them in if you are expecting a frost or heavy rains? Rain was a killer for me. Got a fair amount of bud rot due to the buds getting and staying wet. Cooler temps are not a bad thing. Seems to turn buds and leaves purple(something about nutrient uptake makes that happen). Good luck.

I bought an old horse farm and piled all the horse manure , soil, and char from the trees I dropped clearing fields into a huge pile ten years ago . I was out there screening it and collecting worms for a worm bin . Would I be able to use this soil in smaller containers and then plant directly into this soil ? It seems like very nice soil loaded with worms and rich looking loam . Im a green horn sorry . Also is mid June the best time to put them in their permanent hole in New England ? Thanks in advance for any help . Cheers

I bought an old horse farm and piled all the horse manure , soil, and char from the trees I dropped clearing fields into a huge pile ten years ago . I was out there screening it and collecting worms for a worm bin . Would I be able to use this soil in smaller containers and then plant directly into this soil ? It seems like very nice soil loaded with worms and rich looking loam . Im a green horn sorry . Also is mid June the best time to put them in their permanent hole in New England ? Thanks in advance for any help . Cheers
Just from a gardening perspective, as long as the manure is well rotted and aged, it should be great as a planting medium or 'topping' for other soil. Might want to check its pH just to be safe. Probably a better medium for marijuana than just planting it in plain ol' dirt. I'm pretty new at this too, but if I had access to it I'd try it for those small pots and then use it as a soil dressing when you plant your plants outside so the nutrients in it will soak into the ground when you water or it rains. The only other thing I might watch out for, and I heard this from an organic gardening friend along time ago, that sometimes the fields that horses eat from are heavily sprayed with weedkillers, and that those chemicals can accumulate in the manure and poison your garden of growing things.

I decieded to go with Hugelkulture beds . The soil looks amazing , I did order some Happy Frog as well . I built a couple beds just for the Happy Frog on top and the rest I may give this soil a try . Figured with these beds Im using the logs , shrubs , hay , leaves,char etc … it's all been there composting for 10 years ...might as well put it to work . Thanks for the insight as well on this learning process .

Latest posts

Back