WhiteFly War - Epic Battle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokedawg402

420 Cultivator
Reaction score
Hi All,
If anyone has dealt with these guys successfully, I would love to hear what worked for you.

Sometime ago, I noticed some really small yellow/white bugs in my flowering room. I mistook them for some sort of gnat but after noticing a tiny bit of honeydew starting to form on the leafs I discovered they are whiteflies.

I did my research and began trying ways to kill these guys. In my flower room, I have a continuous cycle with different plants in different stages. I always have plants that are a week away from harvest so I have decided not to use pesticides. Here are the methods I have tried so far to kill these guys.

1. Yellow Sticky Traps - Adult Whiteflies are attracting to yellow, so I put these traps everywhere. They capture the adults just fine.

2. Insecticide Soap - In conjuction with the sticky traps, was sure to coat the entire plant, especially the under sides of the leafs where the whitefly lays its eggs. Treated every 4-5 days as whitefly lifecycle progressed.

3. Repellants - Put Marigold plants in with other plants. Tried Earthroom castings around the base of the plant

So that's where I am right now. With all the above methods, the population of whiteflies is healthy and thriving. I refuse to give in and honestly they are starting to piss me off, so my next method of choice is a direct targeted attack on all stages of the whitefly. I purchased some Encarsia Formosa (Whitefly Parasite). These are <1mm wasps that target the whitefly only. They kill them by laying their own eggs inside the whitefly eggs, and all the nymphs. The wasps are harmless and when done with the whitefly population will simply die off since there is nothing left to eat. At least this is what I have been told by the few people who have had to use them...

I expect them to come in a few days. I had to purchase 1000 of them. They come as eggs on do not disturb cards you hang from the plant. Each card has about 150 eggs on it.
I'm not sure yet, but I think that I will only use 1 of these cards (or even cut half of them off) for each room.
Does anyone have any advice that have used these wasps or other methods of whitefly removal? The one person I know used pyrethrum bombs to elimnate the pest, but the harvest was tainted..

Thanks,
SmokeDawg

Eco-neem wiped them out for me ! :)

Its an Australian Product.;)

And no unwanted side effects to taste or growth after 7 days of 2 applications 4 days apart .

Did'nt catch any on the home made sticky trap though!
Only had about 40 flys to begin with ;)

I hope this helps.

THC

tanlin 20 ml concentrate, its OMRI stamped and approved. Totally harmless up to the day of harvest! read up on it i buy it frow webhydro.com. its not cheap but worked for my whitefly infestation=priceless!

Latest posts

Back