Who is running DE Hoods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NCH can tell you all about the DE's. He says they are awesome.

I thought DE HPS had to be kept pretty high off the canopy. Hal would know for sure.

Where is NorCal Hal when you need em lol

I haven't placed order for hoods yet. These hoods are double my regular hoods.

Whats happening fellas.
I am not familiar with that particular hood, I run mostly open fixture Gavita's, but I do run some AC/DE hoods with the DE bulb from Phillips.
I saw no significant difference in the open ended gavita's from the AC/DE hood rows.

I can say from looking at the pic, imo, it looks like you are running those gavitas too close to each other. I have been running mine positioned to cover a good 6' x 5' space and am killing it. No difference in bud quality or weight on the ends of the rows.

If you have the ceiling height, there is no better light, unless you want to spend 3k on a LED light that still won't keep up with a properly used DE bulb.

Whats happening fellas.
I am not familiar with that particular hood, I run mostly open fixture Gavita's, but I do run some AC/DE hoods with the DE bulb from Phillips.
I saw no significant difference in the open ended gavita's from the AC/DE hood rows.

I can say from looking at the pic, imo, it looks like you are running those gavitas too close to each other. I have been running mine positioned to cover a good 6' x 5' space and am killing it. No difference in bud quality or weight on the ends of the rows.

If you have the ceiling height, there is no better light, unless you want to spend 3k on a LED light that still won't keep up with a properly used DE bulb.

What's up NCH, I'm actually running the NANOLUX DE, and yes I have them overlapped big time, my eye screws are at like 54 on center@12' high, my tables are 2' tall. So far so good though, these things are killing it, week 5 coming up for a wave of girls and they are really packing it on now.

Stank these open fixtures are not for tents.

Stank these open fixtures are not for tents.

I was talking ALL DE bulbs . I know you don't run that style in a tent but the style I posted should be fine.

So NCH I should just go with DE hoods and it's all good right?

Stank...the ACDE hoods are great! You should be good.

I got my 3x3 with an lep and 600 gavita pro running at 77 max temp after 6 hours in my tent I think you can use them in tent if you have tall ceilings.

I can't get my ballast to run a DE hood :(

I am now looking at a grow lite Karma a AC 8" Hood. I am trying to decide what reflector I am gonna use cause as temps rise the bat wing will not cut it. I already had 2 plants fall on the bulb and burn em ( just for you JAAM good laugh EH) so I need an AC hood ASAP. Just don't know if it's worth spending the $ on the higher end hoods or just buy a cheap AC hood.

Greners has a buying guide that tells you how they fair against each other and value of each in regards to cost and efficiency. Greners .com buying guides.

I am not sure what ballasts those are pictured. My guess would be a different config of the Gavita set up

Latest posts

Back