Who knows how a mature life insurance policy is worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry for your loss too. Theres no way to describe that feeling of loss to anyone. It can only be experienced. Thank you for the kind words. I try to live my life in a way that would make him proud and Im a firm believer in the golden rule. Treat people how you want to be treated. Its very difficult at times because so many people are self serving
I could tell you were a nice person the 1st time we talked buddy.
Thank You also , My Dad was a Big influence in my life and I tried my best to be like him.
I did OK.
Except he was never as Ugly as I am now LOL

Thats what im thinking. I hope she helps me with my electrical problem here. Ive lost all power to most of my house. All the breakers are good. I tested them, so the problem is inside. The entire fuse panel seems to be dead. Fortunately the game room has its own fuse box and has power. So with the help of extension cords, I have the basics. 1 lamp, tv, computer well pump, plant lights and ac. No fuses are blown either
Wait you have a sub panel?
Is it fed from your main panel?

I could tell you were a nice person the 1st time we talked buddy.
Thank You also , My Dad was a Big influence in my life and I tried my best to be like him.
I did OK.
Except he was never as Ugly as I am now LOL
Hahahaha. I bet thats not true. My electrician will be here around 530. I hope he can get to the bottom of this

Prior to having no electricity did you play or doing anything to the panel or wiring in house. anything new added?

By any chance do you have an outside rural electric panel
That have more breakers in them sometimes if so.

Wait you have a sub panel?
Is it fed from your main panel?
Its an old house. I just updated the outside breaker box (below the meter) it comes into an old fashioned glass fuse panel. And nothing hooked into that panel is working. Theres 2 panels inside. The smaller one works just fine. Even both 220 outlets. But the big panel is completely dead. No lights, no outlets, no nothing works. Breakers are all good, i tested them

I wanted to ask did you check the fuses but using ohms meter for continuity? center button of fuse to the outer threads?

Its an old house. I just updated the outside breaker box (below the meter) it comes into an old fashioned glass fuse panel. And nothing hooked into that panel is working. Theres 2 panels inside. The smaller one works just fine. Even both 220 outlets. But the big panel is completely dead. No lights, no outlets, no nothing works. Breakers are all good, i tested them
OK and the main panel shut off tested as good too?
I leaning towards that now, something is not letting power to that panels breakers

OK Good, I hope he finds it fast and cheap for you.
No smell of anything burnt near E panel ?
Nah. Nothing that i noticed. I think its a dead short that caused the domino effect. I have an idea where to start. I got a new ac that pulls 15 amps and plugged it into and outlet that is on my porch outside. That outlet has been there since 1963. And when i plugged it in, a few weeks later my problems started

I wanted to ask did you check the fuses but using ohms meter for continuity? center button of fuse to the outer threads?
Havent checked each fuse yet. Because the chances of all of them failing without showing the sign of blown is very low. All the fuses look fine

OK Good Luck. I think it wont be as bad as you think
Fingers crossed
Let us know

Ill let you know what he finds out. Could a dead short cause an entire failure like that?

Havent checked each fuse yet. Because the chances of all of them failing without showing the sign of blown is very low. All the fuses look fine
OK But they need to be unscrewed and removed to do the test I was talking about, It being an older house lets us hope no one put a penny (oldtrick) or similar to bepass any fuses BAD

Ill let you know what he finds out. Could a dead short cause an entire failure like that?
Not the whole panel unless the main breaker swith (shut off) is bad at to of the breaker panel most likely.
You my have a main in the outside box also they do sometimes install 2 like that.

A dead short will cause the breaker on the circuit that has the dead short to pop not all of them , unless someone who did not know what they were doing wired the panel.

OK But they need to be unscrewed and removed to do the test I was talking about, It being an older house lets us hope no one put a penny (oldtrick) or similar to bepass any fuses BAD
Ill do it. Its the resistance (ohms) right?

Latest posts

Back