Who knows how a mature life insurance policy is worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill do it. Its the resistance (ohms) right?
Watch the videos
Does the glass fuse box have those main pull out It will have Buss fuses/ the paper fuses in the copper holders see second video when guy pulls the main by the rings
If those went bad it shut the whole service down

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Ronnie if your have no power from that panel with the glass screw in fuses There is a very GOOD chance the main fuses in that same panel have blown and need to be replaced.
That feeds the newer panel correct. Thus the no power in new panel.
Have electrician test those fuse also, Im sure he will.

Problem found with electrical. The fuse panel is completely dead. Between the outside meter and fuse box. I gotta remove the fuse box. Trace the wires and find the fault. Replace the old fuse box with modern breaker. 1500-2000 cost. Unless one of you are near sc and want a job lol

OK More work than we thought
But right way to do it
Get them old glass ones out and new breakers in.
You will be better off now
Glad it will be fixed.

I enjoyed our talk. Thank you and thank you for your help.
You Too Sorry we could not fix it
But that problem will involve some work and you need to know how to wire a Power Panel with breakers in.
They are using all new parts and wire so price is where it should be

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been researching and it doesn't look too terrible. The fuse panel is in the same wall as the meter box. I wouldn't try to tackle it but it looks less difficult than i imagined. I imagine the fault would be on the circuit breaker that kept tripping. It seems hes gotta remove the old box. And rewire the entire thing or try to trace the short. We know for sure its between the fuse panel and outside panel. I think the wise move here is replace all wiring between the two. They've been installed since 1963

just remember 110 volts will kill quicker than 220 volts , it's due to the slower speed of the alternating currents which causes your muscles to contract within, locking your hand and heart into the frequency . A higher voltage and speed of it blows and forces your muscles away usually leaving a burnin .. and death .. yaknow even with my simpson meter I still use a quick tap of the back of my hand to feel any electricity .. just me .

The whole life policy issued to your dad should pay a reasonable amount but remember that Insurance Companies no longer have a Moral Compass ... meaning they could have in their state's insurance commission a way that allows for to minimize the interest incurred .. I hope not and hope you get blessed brother.

just remember 110 volts will kill quicker than 220 volts , it's due to the slower speed of the alternating currents which causes your muscles to contract within, locking your hand and heart into the frequency . A higher voltage and speed of it blows and forces your muscles away usually leaving a burnin .. and death .. yaknow even with my simpson meter I still use a quick tap of the back of my hand to feel any electricity .. just me .

The whole life policy issued to your dad should pay a reasonable amount but remember that Insurance Companies no longer have a Moral Compass ... meaning they could have in their state's insurance commission a way that allows for to minimize the interest incurred .. I hope not and hope you get blessed brother.
Reminds me of the old refrig my friends had in their basement that would shock and hold you to the metal pull handle if you were standing in a puddle of water.
Oh course the highlight of the day was to ask one to get a beer after they spilled a cup of water on the floor in front of said frig.
Bastards,,,,,,, My hand would be stuck to that handle and I could nver let it go, no wonder I look like I do.

Latest posts

Back