who knows the best lake pump to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swed25

Reaction score
i have been looking for a good lake pump that is submersible so that someone walking by hopefully doesnt spot it but i cant seem to find a decent one does anyone have any past experience with one or know a good one they could send me too thanks for your help looking for anything 500$ and under doesnt need to give me anything crazy just enough to fill some containers

the size of the pump will depend on the altitude that water needs to get pumped to.

not just the Altitude but the Lineal feet . Best if the Lake is above the plants. Best of luck hiding it though.

You have power? I am going to assume here that you do and that you want a pump that will pump water through a garden hose to your garden location? Most pumps are rated two ways--rate of flow and the rise capability of the pump. So, like Zem mentioned, you are going to have to know the height you need to raise the water and the volume you want and size your pump accordingly. I like Little Giant submersibles. Even the smaller ones will give you a good flow rate if you do not have a big vertical rise. It is fairly easy to pump water when you are pumping level or downhill. It is when you start to raise the level of the water that you need the extra power.

I have no doubt that you can find something that will work just fine for well under $500. I would, however, be for putting it in a bucket that has holes drilled in it to allow the water to enter. This will go a long way to keeping any algae from being sucked up and interfering with the operation of the pump.

No reason that you cannot keep it stealth. You can run everything underground if you want.

if it is downhill well below the lake. you can do without an electric pump, just a simple siphon pump and gravity takes care of the rest

Yeah just dont suck that lake water up in your mouth when yur siphoning. Yuk. Lol

I have a well pump that is encased in a PVC pipe that has been micro cut with grooves.

Yes, that was the kind of thing I was talking about--something like pcduck did. Since you are not supplying a house, unless your vertical rise is great, you probably can get by with a smaller submersible general-purpose pump.

Latest posts

Back