Who owns an electric trimmer/tumbler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of hand trimming. I don't have a crew, so it's just me trimming 1-2.5lbs at a time. It takes forever and it really is a buzz kill for me. I'm considering investing in an electric trimmer/tumbler. I think I'll be needing something on the smaller end. I'd like to buy something high quality, that does a nice job and doesn't beat up the buds. Something in the $500-$1000 range would be best, but I'm willing to consider more expensive models if they're worth the price.

What are your experiences? Any recommendations on brands or models?

No but I'm pulling up a lazy boy. I have wondered about that too. I need to see one in action over time.

Does it just gum up like a big resin ball? Does it collect all the falling tricomes somewhere? I am watching this one!

Bubba

I guess we are a bunch of hand trimmers! Whats the cost on these things? Maybe ice needs broken?

Bubba

I guess we are a bunch of hand trimmers! Whats the cost on these things? Maybe ice needs broken?

Bubba
They're not cheap, but the price is all over the place...$500-several thousand. Just looking for something that can handle a couple of lbs a year and does a nice enough job that makes hand trimming obsolete. I'm on the fence....I loathe hand trimming, but if I'm gonna have to go back and touch up anyway, then I'll just grunt and bear it.

They're not cheap, but the price is all over the place...$500-several thousand. Just looking for something that can handle a couple of lbs a year and does a nice enough job that makes hand trimming obsolete. I'm on the fence....I loathe hand trimming, but if I'm gonna have to go back and touch up anyway, then I'll just grunt and bear it.
Depending or where you are I have seen them being offered for rent
But can not remember where I think it was N Cali

Reactions: gmo
Most I've seen advertised are like that, or very expensive, but those are for large large scale outfits, (I think
california is way ahead......... legal weed wise only!) maybe "Rental tool " places out there rent personal sized one
like you would rent a chain saw. Not that crazy, in a legal State perhaps.

Bubba

Reactions: gmo
I wont trim, total buzzkill for me and my back...I have 2 friends that do the work for me, I share the love and we all smile...I will trim an occasional plant if she's special...I plan on trimming the girl crush myself, too purdy to let someone else touch her and her dripping goodness...

The one part I do like about trimming is the scissor/finger tip hash. heavenly when tasty weeds are cut...but it only about a small marble.

Bubba

@bigsur51 said he done not use anything electrical or gas powered
Save the world stuff ya know
But he said he will loan you his Eco Friendly trimmers (and coffee girls)
Not BaD DEAL
1641757829621.png

Do I get a wipe the hash resin off of them?

Bubba

I heard that you can rent trimmers maybe check that out for a start. Eventually, it will need labor. what i end up doing is i just cut the fan leaves and buds from the stems and just store the buds with the small sugar leaves that engulf them. With experience i choose to always store the bulk like that and just trim a little at a time because the trichomes and the bud is better protected when engulfed with leaves. I don't know if it is odd but that is my personal experience.

no more trimming here , just a little with fiskars , we blast everything so it doesn’t matter how the buds look

but when we were running a dispensary up in Victor Colorado , we did buy 5 of these and had a little assembly line going for a couple years

the results were not all that great in my opinion but it was good enough to put in jars and on the shelf at the store and no complaints from the customers

there are a few tricks one learns when using these , like spraying certain parts with Pam to keep things running smoothly and not gumming up

otherwise , I have no idea what is out there now , technology changes so fast

11B29692-3B69-4C56-8322-58D22DA61E83.jpeg
2AE17970-5D4E-4528-97E6-68CF44D86FFA.jpeg

Thanks for the info, everyone. Guess I have some stuff to look in to.

I can't find anywhere in my state that is renting that kind of equipment. It makes me curious as to if it would be a lucrative business to start up here, especially with legalization coming soon...

Thanks for the info, everyone. Guess I have some stuff to look in to.

I can't find anywhere in my state that is renting that kind of equipment. It makes me curious as to if it would be a lucrative business to start up here, especially with legalization coming soon...
Might be better off offer a service where you go to there place unload the machine and have a worker or yourself operate the machine.
Some are very expensive and lets face it , would you really what to leave them alone to what with such an expensive item.

Latest posts

Back