Why am I doing this ? Lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honest al

Reaction score
Got 6 OG 2 weeks away from harvest . One plant I started adding RED dye to its tea . They are in coco and I water them twice a day . Any thoughts on my outcome ? Someone asked but no reply. I’m just curious and board . Also just thinking about adding fruit juices to another plant for flushing . I’m not really stupid, just trying something different . PS. Will keep the other 4 on a normal cycle , all are indoors in a tent . Will try and post a picture before and after . Open for ideas and have no problem if I just screwed up 2 plants , more clones coming in flower ( 2 weeks ) in 2 weeks .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 19
Add a tablespoon or 2 of UNSULPHURED molasses per 1 Gallon of your cannabis water, wormcastings and bat guano also help the taste of weed. All 3 do!

I’ve never heard of adding dye to the water. Is there a reason behind that?

Thought it would enhance the look of the bud , don’t know ? With the juice flush I thought it would enhance the smell and taste . Just throwing it out there . Will post results .

Colder temps during 12 hours of darkness (10-14 degrees Fahrenheit LESS) will color your buds some. Most of the colors in bud are genetic, specific to that particular strain. But colder temps when lights out will purple up bud some.

I know that you think that this is an original idea--something different--, but it isn't. Many many people have tried this thinking the same thing you did. But if you understand the biology of the plant and how it "eats", you will understand that adding fruit juice to your plants will do nothing and actually be detrimental. In addition there is a good chance that it will attract bugs. I also am not sure you understand the concept of flushing--flushing, if done at all, is done with pure water to wash excess nutrients away. But using fruit juice will leave you with a sticky mess. The plant is not going to uptake any of this fruit juice into its buds and affect the flavor--that is just not how any of that works. While red dye may add a bit of "color", understand that at some later date that you will be taking that red dye into your lungs when you smoke it. If you want purple plants, it is best to buy purple strains. I am not even a big fan of lowering your temps below 60 to get purple. Temps below 60 are detrimental to good cannabis growth. They pretty much quit growing when temps get below 60, so that seems a bad trade-off for some artificial color. There are really no upsides to either of these things. You will be far better off to simply take care of your plant the best you can with (scientific) tried and true methods.

temps below 60 Fahrenheit can kill most strains......but most have grow temps at 80+ degrees......Therefore a 10-14 degree drop is acceptable.

It also DOES help color buds, if thats your thing. I don't sell myself, so coloration means nada to me.

I know that you think that this is an original idea--something different--, but it isn't. Many many people have tried this thinking the same thing you did. But if you understand the biology of the plant and how it "eats", you will understand that adding fruit juice to your plants will do nothing and actually be detrimental. In addition there is a good chance that it will attract bugs. I also am not sure you understand the concept of flushing--flushing, if done at all, is done with pure water to wash excess nutrients away. But using fruit juice will leave you with a sticky mess. The plant is not going to uptake any of this fruit juice into its buds and affect the flavor--that is just not how any of that works. While red dye may add a bit of "color", understand that at some later date that you will be taking that red dye into your lungs when you smoke it. If you want purple plants, it is best to buy purple strains. I am not even a big fan of lowering your temps below 60 to get purple. Temps below 60 are detrimental to good cannabis growth. They pretty much quit growing when temps get below 60, so that seems a bad trade-off for some artificial color. There are really no upsides to either of these things. You will be far better off to simply take care of your plant the best you can with (scientific) tried and true methods.
Well I didn’t like your answer to my two questions , you didn’t encourage me ! And thanks for that . Great information .

I believe that was the point, to not encourage you to do detrimental things to your grow. Red dye is a known carcinogen.

Honest al if you are serious about growing high quality mj and you say you are bored maybe crack a college level biology book and study photosynthesis. There are some amazing lectures from UC Berkley on plant biology and botany on YouTube too:D

2b2s

Latest posts

Back