Why am I not showing sex yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan K. Liberty said:
great pics Hick, imma thinkin' pic 3 might be showing female too - looks like a fem calyx now, unless it raises up on a stalk . . .
agreed.. the reason thinking 'possible' male, is the almost 'petal' like appearance at the top of the flower on that one.
I believe I have 9 of 14 confirmed females so far..:D

DSC00833.JPG

DSC00834.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

DSC00840.JPG

i too am of the same school of thought as BWD---never knew---or even considered sexing till the lights were flipped to a 12/12---so you all are saying some strains will reveal sex while still vegging on a 24 hr light---AMAZING---thanks for the info---gonna keep my eye out next time i run beans---thanks

:48:

orangesunshine said:
i too am of the same school of thought as BWD---never knew---or even considered sexing till the lights were flipped to a 12/12---so you all are saying some strains will reveal sex while still vegging on a 24 hr light---AMAZING---thanks for the info---gonna keep my eye out next time i run beans---thanks

Os.. while I "always" run indoor cuts 24/0, ... when 'from seed', .. and 'going OD'.. I prefer a dark period. These have been on 18/6 from germination. "IMO/E" it improves fem' ratos and prevents spring flowering when placed out early in Mum nature :)
I do recommend using 'caution' when relying only on preflowers for sex, IME, they can be deceptive. I've found it smart, to 'give 'em another few days'.. if there is ANY doubt in what you're seeing :)

This here thread learned me new things thanks to all who added there knowledge to this here fireside much abliged.

BWD

orangesunshine said:

I had 4 kushes show sex on 24 hr. lites this past grow..it happens :) Not sure how, but it does :icon_smile:

Im quite happy the 50 50 what can I do likes it simple.

Thanks gain bein friend.

BWD

Real nice pics Hick -- all I want to say is they will sex -- and when you see a male you will know it right then. The girls put out little hairs to begin the flowers. They are sometimes hard to see, but some well developing balls just jump out at ya -- It takes a while for the balls to get mature, so it isn't a panic event. You can pull them or leave them because there will be no doubt. JMO

Peace

Latest posts

Back