Why is humidity bad for an indoor grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longtimegrower

Reaction score
I was wondering why hunidity is bad for an indoor grow outside it does wonders. I grow alot where its extreamly humid. One time i remember someone pushed up a pile of logs in the edg of a swamp it made a high hill surounded by water and the ground was as good as you could hope for. It was so humid there it stayed from 60 to 100% all year i bet. It made the plants grow 12 to 15 feet tall and the bigest stalks i ever had. You could not pull the plants up they were so big. So why is humidity a bad thing or is it just inside. Thanks Slim

A swampy area does not have much more humidity then a normal forest area... A simple breeze will knock off the humidity very quickly.

Humidity does not allow the plant to ''breathe'' as easily... low humidity makes the plant create a protective covering on itself known as thc.

So in short... high humidity is hard on plants and bad for resin production and potency.

true in fact marijuana like some humidity as a matter of fact it helps indoor grows by male to female ratios . then on the otherhand you dont want it to be stuffywant plenty of co2 which outdoors has a constant supply of, humidity can cause mold whether its indoors or out with the exception that you get mold indoors your gonna have a jungle of a mess if you have as many plants as i do, it will spread to all and try to stick around unless fumigated. i know ol stoney has alot to say on this 1 .

Well then it may not be good for budding but it sure is good for veg. And i was talking about having a plant in an area where you dont get any breez just hot and muggy. slim

Some Strains are very mold resistant. So maybe those plants just lucked out.
Bud Rot happens fast in very damp conditions.
Also there is Stem Rot from over watering. I'm sure during veg. Excessive R/H would create a problem like this.

Mutt said:
Some Strains are very mold resistant. So maybe those plants just lucked out.
Bud Rot happens fast in very damp conditions.
Also there is Stem Rot from over watering. I'm sure during veg. Excessive R/H would create a problem like this.

U got it... high rh also will ''sweat'' your room... making mold show up everywhere. Like a wet basement

Latest posts

Back