Why is miracle gro a no no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id never used mg nutes or dirt just my opinion its not optimal conditions for marijuana plants it can be done but never be as good as organic bud or bud grown with correct nutes

id never used mg nutes or dirt just my opinion its not optimal conditions for marijuana plants it can be done but never be as good as organic bud or bud grown with correct nutes
i dont understand what your trying to say ???? last time i checked marijuana didn;t grow in hydro millions of years ago lol so out of curiosity what is marijuana's optimal conditions ????? or medium
TBO know one can really claim ???????
that its all strain related really lighting , humidity , and most importantly temps play a important roll on final product growing in organic does not mean your going to get the best possible THC
i have friends that grow in hydro even tho they get direct food with proper medium and chemical nutes your pretty much giving them the same thing for instance from friends grows in hydro it grows pretty fast , in my situation soilless medium pro mix BX and other added components from clone it grows just as fast and yields just as much again as i feed them chelated with humix and fulvix amino acids and they frost up nicely and grow stupid fast first pic is 35 days from a 3 -4 " clone hordilux superblue MH / HPS in one bulb 3000 watts worth all i can say is find what works best for your situation and run with it tweak it till everything is optimal
In all seriousness organic growing is a slow process as plant nutrients need to be decomposed before plant uses it so when a def occurs it can take a long time to recover

View attachment D00035.jpg

View attachment picture1151.jpg

View attachment picture1112.jpg

DrFever- I think Kindbud is saying they would not use Miracle Grow products [soil or nutes] because in their opinion it is not comparable to an organic grow with nutes tailored to MJ. This is not a hydro vs. organic argument at all. I think you got the wrong end of the stick there so to speak..
At least I hope I understood your point correctly Kindbud- because I tend to agree-

MG is a general purpose commercial synthetic product- and as you yourself stated DrFever, .."find what works best for your situation".
So each to their own aye?

Nice pics by the way-your buds look DAANNNNK ;)

Delta you can get on the monsano kick also but in reality MG works period or they be out of business years ago right ???? you mention metals most of the food we buy today contains some sort of metals ( Iron ) etc you ever look in the food you buy what poisons are in there but we still eat it right everything to make product look and last longer but at the end of the day it is poisoning us

Hey look at the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V265pGgsBnM

DrFever-Iron in my food?? -sure I can deal with that!
After all its a very common and naturally occurring mineral in blood, soil and consequently our red meats and many green vegetables etc.

The types of heavy metals I am talking about are the ones not produced by biological means and are toxic to our health such as Lead, Chromium, Mercury, Cadmium, Aluminium etc..
If you have no problem with that type of thing in your MJ that you smoke- good luck to you fella- chuff away !:joint:

And for the record, I never stated that MG doesn't work- I am sure it does for you and many others.

Thanks for the vid though-that was interesting -pulling iron out of bran flakes with magnets sure brings a new meaning to the term "playing with your food" lol:)

My opinion:

If you are using MG for ANYTHING, you are not passionate about growing cannabis.

I used it for decades. I just didn't know any better. I did try to use Peter's Plant food when I could find it but stuff like Fox Farms and all the stuff they have now was non-existent in those days.

It worked fine for me and the strain I was growing. I am using the Fox Farms trio on my current grow. Given the high cost and all the boasting, I expect to see a CONSIDERABLE difference.

I would agree with Gee. It's just not optimal to produce consistent top notch flowers.

:yeahthat: Exactly. Just because something will work does not mean that it is a good thing--IMO, it should be considered more of a "no other option" thing.

General Hydroponics 3 part is pretty cheap. Why use MG when at worst it will open you up to all sorts of problems and at best allow you to grow sub standard bud?

Im not going to get into it but the all purpose blue powder is a fantastic nute for vegging MJ. I have used it hundreds of times in Veg not only without issue but with fantastic results, always switched to GH for flower.
Thats probably all im going to say on it as i expect to get hit hard for my comment. :)

i used mg soil on my first grow,with the little nutrient balls in it.the problem i had was every time i watered the balls would break and the ph went crazy could not keep it right.imo using unferted soil,you can control the ph better.the ph matters because plants can take up nutrients better when it is at the right ph level for that specific plant type (rose,orchid, mj).

Dman, it is good that it worked for you. Maybe Canadian mg is different? Like i have said before, i used it for ornamentals for years. Just not something i would use on something i am going to ingest... I am weird that way.. organics be me.

Glad you spoke up too dman.

Im not going to get into it but the all purpose blue powder is a fantastic nute for vegging MJ. I have used it hundreds of times in Veg not only without issue but with fantastic results, always switched to GH for flower.
Thats probably all im going to say on it as i expect to get hit hard for my comment. :)

I used the all purpose Blue Powder my first grow and it worked well in veg. I then used the Pink One that came with the hydro kit I was dumb enough to buy, and was less enthused by the results. I think the Blue stuff could be used so long as you do like you do and switch to something better for Flower. Flower is where the Magic happens.

i used mg soil on my first grow,with the little nutrient balls in it.the problem i had was every time i watered the balls would break and the ph went crazy could not keep it right.imo using unferted soil,you can control the ph better.the ph matters because plants can take up nutrients better when it is at the right ph level for that specific plant type (rose,orchid, mj).

Yeah the MG soil is tough to grow in...I tried the moisture control one back a couple years and life sucked.

Hey Dman, did you really use the MG nutes for veg or did your dog get on here again and write that? :doh: I can't believe that you would admit to such sacrilege :eek: :)

As I have said before, it is certainly doable to use the MG nutes, especially if you are an accomplished grower. I won't knock anyone for doing what they can or have to do, or even for experimenting, but for noobs who will have a large enough learning curve to work around, I try to advise against using it so that they can eliminate that as an issue to deal with for the first few grows. :)

It boils down to this..... If you CAN buy better nutes... buy them.

However, if you can't (for one of many reasons I can think of) then the MG is better than no nutes at all.

That was the situation I was in.

Latest posts

Back