Why is miracle gro a no no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to agree since so many are anti mj i tyed it and my plants were growing like a bat out of hell,then i read i should not have used mj well i'm sorry i piched my plants i wasted all my effort and time money etc etc but im starting a new grow pretty soon so lay off the man to each his own 88888888

whoa guys all I wanted was a simple answer to what i thought was a simple question. It seems I just started a wave of difference of opions. I'm just an old woman trying to grow for the first time. I had good results with MG on houseplants and didn't know if it was a good idea for MJ. I'm more confused now than when I first asked the question. I need medical marijuana and my grow is not doing a damn thing I think it has more to do with my lighting than my MG. Cos they aren't growing anymore. I cut back the light to see if I could get them to flower but the poor little plants don't look any different then when I cut the light down. Which was three weeks ago. The plants look healthy but they aren't flowering. They haven't grown any either which I heard they would do when the light was cut, I had them on a 17 hours schedule of light and I cut them to 10 hours of light. I should prolly just stick to buying MJ but it's not legal in my state. So I have a very hard time finding bud. I don't understand why young people won't sell to old people. When I was a teenager I could get an oz for $10 and you could barrely keep the bag closed. Now they sell in grams of hydro thats not really hydro it's ditch weed. They think cos I'm old I'm stupid. I guess I should just give it up and die already. But I sure like weed, sorry I'm ranting but I've been drinking because I can't get no smoke. I hate alcohol! never have liked it but when the pain comes I do what i gotta do. Why haven't the plants started budding yet? I really really need my weed.

oh shoot now ya'll will start arguing about lighting. Nevermind. Just try to focus on my last question. Why aren't my plants flowering?

2 plants supposedly white widow I admit I have tried to hurry them along. My light is a standard grow light I bought at wal mart. I don't really have a way of photographing them but they are quite small like 6" or so. I saw a video on youtube that said a plant could flower at 3 weeks. Mine don't want to cooperate. I don't want them here when my children come to visit because all of them do not like the idea of me smoking. " THANK YOU DARE" for telling my children such trash about marijuana! " They will be here in mid August so reguardless of how well my plants are doing they will be gone before then. I do plan to start again. Now that I have found this forum perhaps I can do it properly.

It's a 2' flourescent grow light it says 17watt supposed to be full spectrum

I started from seeds, put them in pots on June 4th, had them on 24 hours of light for three weeks, I topped them waited a week and then dropped them down to 17 they are in a closet with foil to reflect the light back to them. Left them alone until July 5th, then dropped the light to 10 on 14 off. From the vid I watch they should have flowered by now

Also, just FYI. Aluminum foil is about the worse thing you can have on the walls. It doesn't reflect well at all.

I am an old lady, too. While I live in an area where there are a lot of older people who smoke and have no problems getting bud, it is so much nicer to be able to grow your own. Let's see if we can get you on the right path here.

First of all, maybe we should talk about what your budget and space considerations are. There really is a reason that bud is expensive--it can be a pita to grow, it takes a long time to go from seed to cured bud, it takes a fair amount of money to set up a proper grow, and it takes a whole huge amount of knowledge, study, effort, time, and love to get a plant done.

Also do not put too much trust in You Tube videos--while there IS a lot of good info there, there is also a lot of B S. A plant will flower when it is sexually mature and not before, regardless of the light schedule. So, one of the answers to your questions about not flowering is that they are not ready to flower. Trying to force them to flower before they are sexually mature (IMO) only causes them to stretch and you lose out on 12 or more hours of light the plants really need to grow and create more bud sites. So, first of all, get them back under 24 hour light. However, there is so much more. So maybe we should start at the beginning.

Space/budget/lighting considerations--you need a dedicated space that you can control the lighting and environment. The size of this space is dependent on the amount of light you have (or vice versa). Like mentioned, the big problem is your light--you don't have nearly enough of it and it really is not the right kind of lighting even though they call they grow lights. Lighting needs are generally figured using lumens per sq ft. Bulbs should have the number of lumens written somewhere on the box. For vegging, you are gong to need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. So, with a 2' tube that puts out 1700 lumens, you can see that you need way more light. So, I think that the place to start is to ask you if you have a space you can set-up, ventilate, and keep absolutely 100% dark when flowering and what your budget is for this project? This will help us determine the kind of lights/ventilation to recommend.

Good luck--us old ladies need to stick together!

For first time growers, I can't say enough good about the "tents" that they sell today. They have so many of the initial obstacles built-in.

Reflection, Isolation, Intake, Exhaust.... All taken care of.

For a newb, if the budget and space allows.... a small tent (about 3'x5'), a 600w HPS HID and a single inline exhaust fan.

The tent's passive intakes should be adequate in most cases. Super easy, almost idiot proof setup. Exhaust fan inside or outside of the tent depending on your situation. Tie in exhaust and you're ready to start facing all the other hurdles in growing. LOL Ph, temps, humidity, nutes, blah blah blah. LOL

Still, I think these tents are really the tits. I love mine.

Hackerman has made great point--tents offer a lot of advantages and can be purchased in a myriad of sizes.

Also worth mentioning, Miracle grow is owned by Scott. The same jerks who bring you awesome products like Ortho and Ready-to-pollute turf builder.

They are HEAVY backers of Monsanto. So, go ahead, keep on giving your money to the very same people who are trying (or so it seems) to kill us.

Also, they have been sued a few times for including chemicals in their products that have been shown to cause cancer.

So go ahead, use all the MG you want. Just dont give it to anyone else or you may be poisoning them.
Oh Boy Effen when as last time you looked into the skys over LA smog pollution or what I Think rest of USA should put a law suit on California for polluting the AIR???? what yea think and your worried about people supporting or using MG products omg

Here top 20 polluters in usa YOU SEE them in there ????

1. American Electric Power – 130 million tons

2. Duke Energy – 127 million tons

3. Southern Company – 118 million tons

4. U.S. Government – 77 million tons

5. Berkshire Hathaway (through MidAmerican Energy) – 71 million tons

6. Ameren Corp – 68 million tons

7. Luminant Generation – 62 million tons

8. FirstEnergy Generation – 53 million tons

9. AES Corp – 51 million tons

10. Xcel Energy – 51 million tons

11. Dominion Resources 44 million tons

12. NRG Energy – 44 million tons

13. Edison International – 41 million tons

14. Exxon Mobil – 39 million tons

15. Calpine – 38 million tons

16. DTE Energy – 38 million tons

17. LG&E and KU Energy LLC – 35 million tons

18. Entergy – 35 million tons

19. BP America – 34 million tons

20. ConocoPhillips (prior to Phillips 66 spinoff) – 31 million tons.
Can you comprehend millions of Tons
So please Monsanto is really the least of USA's worries hahaha you mentioned in CALI they strive for excellence on there Dispensaries WHY because every person and there dog is growing hahaha out there jesus christ think about it did not Cali declare chapter 9 ???? i think there is more people on welfare in Cali there anywhere else in usa work is at a crawl so whats left ???? San Diego chapter 9 Grow weed in dem da dare mountains all thats left to do hey ?>>>????

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-s-cities-that-have-gone-bankrupt-in-one-map/

Long story short they have yet to make a product geared for marijuana growers..and other company's are..I live and die by Fox Farms Ocean Forest! From germ'd seed to harvest it's all I've ever used(indoor). And I'll never stop.

I love my tents, but if I could designate my entire garage to growing. Or a room in the house. I'd junk my tent, run 3-4 1000watters on tracks and grow..use household AC to control temps during the day like I do anyways...my tents are out of necessity not choice...but I love'm. If you can't be with the grow setup you love, love the one you got!

I live and die by Fox Farms Ocean Forest! From germ'd seed to harvest it's all I've ever used(indoor). And I'll never stop.

Do you mix it with anything (perlite/vermiculite) or do you use it right out of the bag?

Latest posts

Back