Why is miracle gro a no no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbuck

Reaction score
I heard lots of folks say not to use miracle gro but are they talking about their soil or their fertilizer or both and why?

I'll give those crystals to mother plants, ive known guys used straight through if it's what you have.... use it

I think a couple good flushes during the grow you would be fine.

I did use some miracle grow soil re potting a plant just before flower all went fine.

My current nutes for soil are super soil and no nutes till week 2 flower, then FFBBGB with every other water. For dwc I use gh series with a schedule from www.growweedeasy.com

Some people can grow with it I hear. I used to use it on my ornamental plants and it was ok. I am an organic dirt grower and MG is in no way organic. It also feeds your plants whenever you water. Not good for pot. There are just some really wonderful soils out there especially for MJ. Lots of us make our own soils too...

We are talking fertilizer and soil. Not the best medium to grow great cannabis in.

Thanks jingo for your help, however I'm gonna have to look up most of your last paragraph in the nute dictionary lol

Hey Rose thanks to coming to the rescue for me again! I have used miracle gro on house plants and really got excellent foliage. Not really what I'm looking for my pot plant. I've never used mg soil at all for anything. A friend did and nute burn was a major prob for her. As for my gro I know there are much better mediums and nutes, it's just they don't fit my budget. I'm trying to gro for personal use only. This is my first try and I just feel I'm going about all wrong. But practice makes perfect?

The only soil I use is Miracle Grow Seed Starter. Unlike the other Miracle Grow soils it has none of those time released nutrients. It costs me about 4 bucks a bag for the 8 Quart bags at Home Depot.

If that's all you have it will work.

Add a little bit each watering and increase the amount slowly. When flipped to flower or when they start to flower quit using for 2 weeks then begin to use Mg tomato in small amounts each watering until about finished then just water.

Our one member The Brother Grunts did some amazing grows just using Mg ferts.

Thanks jingo for your help, however I'm gonna have to look up most of your last paragraph in the nute dictionary lol

Your welcome

Just remember when you use MG to PH your R/O before mixing GH or FF unless you're in FFOF then......

It is a fantastic nute for Veg. I have grown hundreds of plants using only it as a nute in Veg, never even a hint of an issue. I have never and will never use it in flower.

Now i hear this oh boy i could have let my plants grow but i had to get rid of them anyways because of my apartment nosy neigbors oh well i working on my next grow and after listening to everyone mgrow is not the correct soil to be useing anyhow so much for though here today gone tomorrow. 888

Most of the MG soils come pre-nuted or have those moisture crystals in them. MG that is pre-nuted does not have the right combination of nutrients for cannabis and nutrients are released every time you water. The moisture crystals cause the soil to always remain too moist. Cannabis likes to have the soil dry out some between waterings to bring enough O2 to the roots. I have found the MG fertilizers also do not have the right combinations of N-P-K. Like duck said, you can use it. But, IMO, there are just so many other far better choices out there that it is way way down my list on what I would use. You can always make up your own soil mixture.

Starbuck--This: "...My current nutes for soil are super soil and no nutes till week 2 flower, then FFBBGB with every other water. For dwc I use gh series...."

means this: ...current nutrients consist of super soil (a mixture pre-made and allowed to age with a number of organic substances in it). This provides all the nutrients for the vegging phase. Then at 2 into flower he adds Fox Farm Big Bud and Grow Big with every other watering. If he is running a deep water culture system, he runs General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series.

We can get pretty loose and free with our acronyms sometimes, forgetting how confusing those can be to newer growers. Hare some other acronyms used in this thread: FFOF=Fox Farm Ocean Forest R/O=Reverse Osmosis GH=General Hydroponics FF=Fox Farm.

I'm using MG soil right now because at the time it was the only soil I could afford other then the soil from Southern States. I could not afford 25.00 a bag for FFOF. The plants seam to be doing really well.

well it appears many growers do use MG Raids on marijuana growing operations have already turned up Miracle-Gro products. Hagedorn said he takes that as a good sign of brand awareness, but he fears some growers could be reluctant to use such a "mainstream" product -- and something tells me he's about to find out how strong the "organic" movement continues to be in cannabis cultivation.

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/06/miracle_gro_makes_a_play_for_the_medical_marijuana.php

Ive grown with MG outside and my Pineapple Express turned out very nice. Course I also used Compost teas,,but for Flower I used their Bloom Booster and it worked just fine. With that said,,A good soil like FF is much better for growing Weed then MG. Hopefully MG will start making soils just for growing Weed where ya can buy it easier,,like at Home Depot.

ziggyross keep us up to date on your m grow soil i had it but decided agaist it let us no how your grow comes along.888

I have never used Miracle Grow personally-but according to Soma[ the organic ganja guru]-
their ferts are apparently full of heavy metals..:/

It will work......:).....But all that has been said above is true....I would go back and read "The Hemp Godess"'s post.....there was a guy on Youtube that would do experiments from time to time, with his MMJ.......and this fella made sure it was a "useable" experiment and the data was valid(now you have too subscribe too see his vids?).....and the Miracle Grow plants.....looked almost just as good as the others he used GH with.....:) Its not for me, as I ws warned not oo use any soil with nutes already inside, ever. I need to be in control!! lol :)

Mind you, this guy was testing MG NUTES & Soil(less).......Good luck all! :)

I just picked up some jacks classic 20\20\20 with micro whatever. same as MG supposedly but cleaner. the greenhouse guy uses it to start all his plants, which I don't buy, but gonna try it anyways with 1 plant only. they have a bloom booster that's 10\30\20 or something.

I have never used Miracle Grow personally-but according to Soma[ the organic ganja guru]-
their ferts are apparently full of heavy metals..:/
Delta you can get on the monsano kick also but in reality MG works period or they be out of business years ago right ???? you mention metals most of the food we buy today contains some sort of metals ( Iron ) etc you ever look in the food you buy what poisons are in there but we still eat it right everything to make product look and last longer but at the end of the day it is poisoning us

Hey look at the vid

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V265pGgsBnM[/ame]

Latest posts

Back