Why is...(this world of ours)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gixxerman420 said:
Let's not start in on religion:rofl: I'll :rant: til no one is listening anymore!!! Mass hysteria is all organized religion is! No one wants to think that when you die that's it! And what better way to get one man to do what another man wants him to than to tell him that "the creator" told him to do so? Just food for thought not stepping on toes... Was raised baptist, but have recognized the propaganda for a while now!

Aint that the truth,,Im just suprised you said it.:D I gets in trouble when I touch this subject.;)

ozzydiodude said:
Soory SSF I had just answered your pm. my comment should have been dirrected at Gix and OGK.

Religion was created by a few men to control the masses. That all I say on that or Hick will ban a bunch of us for ingoring the rules

:yeahthat: :D

Roddy said:
But, that's the majority of this thread, Hick! :rofl: :rofl:

and about 1 comment from being closed..;)

ones choice to believe or not to believe is a 'personal' choice that need not be berated or promoted or 'expressed' here.

My complaint is the lack of kindness in this world! We all live so near to each other and all we can do to acknowledge one another is the single finger salute when one of us cuts the other off in traffic!

Now, get that slow moving clunker off the road if it can't do more than 50, you &*(^*&

Hick said:
ones choice to believe or not to believe is a 'personal' choice that need not be berated or promoted or 'expressed' here.

Can we expand this rule to apply to the entire world?

Yeah, I think this thread took a 90 degree turn... When I said population control I was NOT suggesting selective breeding.
We are a clever species but, we have not proven to be very wise. A larger gene pool leads to a healthier population.
I do remember China's 1 child law.
While it DID curb population growth, it led to forced abortions as well. Also couples were aborting fetuses that were not male...???
While I am certainly not an anti-abortionist, I DO think it is probably the WORST form of population control, when there are so many other methods of birth control available.
Forced abortion, to me, is unthinkable...

This does not come from any religious thinking, just human compassion.

To jerk the thread back around to topic, what's wrong with natural gas? There aren't any prissy Arab princes/dictators sitting on it. Sure we'd take an initial hit at the pump and lose efficincy, but if we took our 10th Crusade dollars and put them into extraction subsidies and research, we could beat the oil addiction in a few years--the technology is already there.

Sure, you need coal to produce steel, but producing coke to produce steel isn't like open burning for a power source.

There are answers, but unfortunately the US is like a trust-fund heroin junky with a suitcase-full of morphine in the attic--we still want the big fix, screw the price tag.

you've gotta put you're greed cap on and think like them for a second to understand it better pencil..
why would i want to fund and research alternatives, when i make a killing as it is right now?

and you want to talk about technology being here already.. read some of Nikola Tesla's work (screw Edison, Tesla was the true genius of that era. but the elite didn't like him and preferred ol eddie.. so he's the one we all read about in our textbooks instead :( )

kaotik said:
you've gotta put you're greed cap on and think like them for a second to understand it better pencil..
why would i want to fund and research alternatives, when i make a killing as it is right now?

and you want to talk about technology being here already.. read some of Nikola Tesla's work (screw Edison, Tesla was the true genius of that era. but the elite didn't like him and preferred ol eddie.. so he's the one we all read about in our textbooks instead :( )

Good point on alternative energy. Even if a company could create an alternative to gasoline or coal tomorrow that was cheaper and cleaner, it would still be a long road to making that alternative energy a reality. There are coal and oil subsidies our government gives to energy companies. Our entire infrasturcutre is based on gasoline powered vehicles, so even if we create cars that are cleaner that don't run on gas, we are talking about trillions of dollars in gas stations, service stations, car repair centers, etc. The investment in altering our infrastrucutre would be staggering. And while a company may be out there with alternative fules, that company has got to convince every major car manufacturer as well as the service station industry to start creating their cars and servicing their cars that are alternative to gas.

China is on pace to open one coal power plant a week over the next few years in order to keep pace with their growth. And while the US still uses a LOT more energy per person in our country, China now produces and consumes more energy than the U.S. Don't get me wrong, I would not want to live in China but their one child policy was created out of necessity. Over 75% of their lakes, rivers and stream (all sources of clean water) have gone dry in the past 70 years due to overpopulation. The one-child policy was a necessity due to the explosion in the population and the slow death and destruction of their natural resources. If we keep doing what we are doing we will have no choice but to do something similar. There is only so much Earth.

However in my opinion the biggest reason for the number of coal power plants in the U.S. and the lack of growth in alternative energy is due to the government. For the longest time our government has completely ignored any idea of an "energy policy". We end up subsidizing oil companies, coal companies, basically everything that exists. We are so dumb, that even though we live in a world where people are starving, we are burning our food (corn) to drive our cars. If I want electricity in my home, I have no choice where i get that electricty from or how it is created. The government has allowed monopolies to be created in the energy industry. If people had a choice where they got their energy from and how it was created, I believe most people would care. If I had the option to pay more on my electric bill knowing that my energy came from natural gas instead of coal, I would pay the 5%-15% increase in cost.

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Good point on alternative energy. Even if a company could create an alternative to gasoline or coal tomorrow that was cheaper and cleaner, it would still be a long road to making that alternative energy a reality. There are coal and oil subsidies our government gives to energy companies. Our entire infrasturcutre is based on gasoline powered vehicles, so even if we create cars that are cleaner that don't run on gas, we are talking about trillions of dollars in gas stations, service stations, car repair centers, etc. The investment in altering our infrastrucutre would be staggering. And while a company may be out there with alternative fules, that company has got to convince every major car manufacturer as well as the service station industry to start creating their cars and servicing their cars that are alternative to gas.

China is on pace to open one coal power plant a week over the next few years in order to keep pace with their growth. And while the US still uses a LOT more energy per person in our country, China now produces and consumes more energy than the U.S. Don't get me wrong, I would not want to live in China but their one child policy was created out of necessity. Over 75% of their lakes, rivers and stream (all sources of clean water) have gone dry in the past 70 years due to overpopulation. The one-child policy was a necessity due to the explosion in the population and the slow death and destruction of their natural resources. If we keep doing what we are doing we will have no choice but to do something similar. There is only so much Earth.

However in my opinion the biggest reason for the number of coal power plants in the U.S. and the lack of growth in alternative energy is due to the government. For the longest time our government has completely ignored any idea of an "energy policy". We end up subsidizing oil companies, coal companies, basically everything that exists. We are so dumb, that even though we live in a world where people are starving, we are burning our food (corn) to drive our cars. If I want electricity in my home, I have no choice where i get that electricty from or how it is created. The government has allowed monopolies to be created in the energy industry. If people had a choice where they got their energy from and how it was created, I believe most people would care. If I had the option to pay more on my electric bill knowing that my energy came from natural gas instead of coal, I would pay the 5%-15% increase in cost.

-SSF-

Actually, it's a huge business opportunity, the smart are jumping in with both feet.

I feel that the humans dont have much time left on this hunk of rock, we are ruining it and its time for us to go!! I just hope some of the other animals can survive our wrath.

Energy never dies,,it just changes forms.:hubba:

Then taking that statement into account. would energy in it's purest form gain momentum...thus positive energy would be a linear increase, but on the other hand negative energy escalate as well....equaling a true balance of power?
stoned n drunk just had to toss into the debate :p

stability without chaos would not be stability, chaos without stability would not be chaos. :bong2:

kaotik said:

Tesla was a genius! His understanding of longitudinal electricity was above and beyond his time! I worry about mankind's ability to adapt to the snowball effect climate issues we're having... Cryospheres slowly melt off and reflect less and less light back into space; resulting in even faster global warming!

Even natural gas is a stop-gap measure. We will spend the trillions to convert from one non-renewable resource to another... Other than weeding us off foreign oil it really makes little sense. We need to sink the money into renewable, and hopefully, not extremely expensive energy.
Electric cars are NOT green so long as we are burning fossil fuels to charge them.

I think nuclear energy is looking a lot worse than it was a month ago. Although many countries operate nuclear reactors safely, the waste is an environmental nightmare.
Why do we build so many reactors on fault lines? I was blissfully ignorant of this until just recently.

Latest posts

Back