Why is...(this world of ours)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
...Mercury found in fish?

A: because Humans put it there. Burning Coal for energy.

Does anyone know that coal burning:
-clear cuts forests
-removes mountain tops, and topsoil
-destroys natural resources like rivers and lakes
-creates deadly, cancerous, arsenic infested ash slurries IN what was once a lake/stream.
-sometimes the slurry dams fail
- disasters in the US are kept out of US news

hXXp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/aug/21/tva-spill-prevention-cleanup-hits-3-billion/?local

I recently graduated with an environmental science degree. I had 30+ classes in this field...I was never told about coal ash spills and the environmental hazards of the slurry ponds IN OUR BACKYARD.

I remember the arsenic pond that spilled red deadly poison over an eastern European town...i was taught about the mercury in North American Mined Coal and how it is released into high altitudes to fall back to earth in the artic fish breeding grounds. But I wasn't told that most of it came from the good ol US...

I feel like someones been lying to me...

What about you? What's your concern today? Are you worried about some random nuclear reactor leaking Plutonium or Cesium? Or maybe your worried about Atomic war in the middle east? Gas Prices????

Let me hear you!

about the nuke war thing. They have been shooting depleted Uranium tiped missels for a while for a while now. cancer and birth defects are sky rocketing.... Havent you heard accourding to Ann Coulter raditon is good for you and is fine for soldiers to test and use on the battle feild.

I keep hearing a lot of noise and whinning but no solutions. Anybody got one?

Yup, but NOBODY wants to hear it.

Take all the major problems that face the human race or, indeed, the planet today.
Polluted oceans, polluted air, global warming, deforestation, species extinction, energy and food shortages- ect.... (You get the point)
All of these problems are caused by overpopulation. Through technology, we have been able to feed many more people than the earth could otherwise support.
We are at the top of the food chain. We have no natural predators to thin our herd. In the past, wars, plague, famine, ect. have served this function.
Think of the hundreds of millions of people that died in wars just in the last 100 years.
Now think of their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren that were never born.

So the ultimate solution has to be less people. The obvious and civilized answer has to be through birth control - globally. How about each couple has only one child. It's harsh I know, but if we don't limit the population, war, famine and plague will surely come and will certainly be less humane.
We can choose our poison, but the longer we wait the more the planet will suffer.

Earth First!!! we'll screw up the other planets later....

It just the price we have to pay to live in the style we all have come to know. Without coal we would still be in the dark. It's a dirty nasty thing but it has made our world what it is today.

PencilHead said:
find a way to cure greed.
it will solve everything (or make it terminal, either works for me ;))

We are a species of over-indulgence, not a species of moderation. We live on a finite rock. Unless the species changes it's drive, the outcome is obvious.

I won't post my thoughts....after yesterday I would probably get banned. still disgusted.

What happened yesterday???? My iphone took a hammer punch to the face, and i am waiting for a replacement. I been busy!??

Ozzy, you live in the northwest? I would not mind darkness...escape from LA ending, ya feel me? I had 15 years in scouting. Me and mine will make it.

SHUT IT ALL DOWN. THEN MP.C can meet me in the High Sierras for us to build the first successful community! ;)
PencilHead said:
It sure will be nice... about 35,000 years from the worldwide radioactive fallout...

I'm on the eact coast OG. The thing is that without coal to make steel our world as we know it would change completely

Irish made contact with the Mother Ship the other day. It's on the way and will save the day.

Where are my boots when I need them!:rolleyes:
Oh,,and the sky really is falling.:D

The toxic effects of the mercury, also known in vaccines as Thimerosal, have once again been confirmed, this time by researchers from the University of Brazil. Marking the sixth major study in recent months to condemn the use of mercury in medicine, the new study reveals that mercury causes serious brain damage, and is linked to autism and other developmental diseases in children and Alzheimer’s disease in adults.
Dr. Jose Dorea and his colleagues conducted an extensive, peer-reviewed analysis of various studies and available information in major databases that address the effects of low-dose Thimerosal, or ethylmercury, on neural tissue and behavior. They found conclusively that Thimerosal accumulates in brain tissue, negatively affects brain development, and harms brain cells.“Mercury is known to cause serious harm, especially to fetuses and children because of their smaller size,” said Lisa Sykes, president of the Coalition for Mercury-free Drugs (CoMeD), a non-profit group dedicated to removing mercury from medicine. “Why remove Thimerosal from pediatric vaccines only to inject it into pregnant women and children with recommended flu shots? They removed Thimerosal from other vaccines, so it should also be removed from flu shots.”

Several other recent studies confirm the numerous dangers posed by mercury, including one recently published in the Folia Neuropathologica that links the toxin directly to autism (hxxp://www.naturalnews.com/031678_m…). Mercury is also known to disrupt proper immune function, damage DNA, inhibit healthy embryonic development, and cause cancer.
The vast majority of the flu shots administered in the US still contain Thimerosal, as they come from multi-dose vials that require a preservative in order to prevent contamination. However, CoMeD says there is no reason to continue using Thimerosal since safer alternative preservatives already exist and are currently in use in many pediatric vaccines that used to contain Thimerosal.

Im a Biker,,,(Sickbiker) and I could give a crap.
By the way,,yur nose ring is crooked.:D Just jacken wit ya Bro.:D

thats the prob there are to many people that dont give a crap

OGK,
Did you ask why mercury is in fish?

Around my parts, Northern California, Mercury is in fish due to Gold Mining back in day when it was used getting gold out of black sand ( the process is called Amalgamating, if I remember right) . It got in the water, then by seeking the lowest point, down the streams into the lakes and down rivers to the ocean. It is against the law to use it now in Gold Mining. The Sacramento River dumped huge amounts of Mercury into the San Francisco Bay, there the fish are heavy with Mercury. It is a case of the little critters are in the Mercury laden bottoms of streams/bay then they get eaten up by the food chain. By the time we eat the larger fish, they have eaten lots of Mercury contained bait etc. Clear Lake has a point in the bottom (I hear) that is covered with Mercury. I would never eat a fish from that lake.

I cant do much about Mercury. I dont eat over the recommended allowed amounts of Bass out of the lake I fish in regular, I try to pay attention to that. I imagine something is gonna get you in the end, just wish I could go fishing more before it does.

I think all we can do is keep our little piece of the world as clean and green as we can. I have a nuclear reactor in my back yard. But my real back yard is a clean as it can be with my neighbors using spray services.:holysheep:

My son developed seizures after the DPT shot given 30 years ago. He was lucky. Lots of kids were profoundly disabled for life.I was an earth mom hippy that was on the organic bandwagon before most.
We just have to do what "we" can. And fish more! just maybe don't eat it.
I have a water filter for my whole house. I wouldn't eat the fish down river from the reactor and I don't want the dirty water.
It is easy to get depressed with the planet's problems and all the other terrible things going on, but we can only do our best and try to have some fun in this life and be good to each other, because i think that is what we are here for.
Sorry if i went on and on.

Rosebud said:
I think all we can do is keep our little piece of the world as clean and green as we can. I have a nuclear reactor in my back yard. But my real back yard is a clean as it can be with my neighbors using spray services.:holysheep:

My son developed seizures after the DPT shot given 30 years ago. He was lucky. Lots of kids were profoundly disabled for life.I was an earth mom hippy that was on the organic bandwagon before most.
We just have to do what "we" can. And fish more! just maybe don't eat it.
I have a water filter for my whole house. I wouldn't eat the fish down river from the reactor and I don't want the dirty water.
It is easy to get depressed with the planet's problems and all the other terrible things going on, but we can only do our best and try to have some fun in this life and be good to each other, because i think that is what we are here for.
Sorry if i went on and on.
dont be sorry for anything

I'm worried about worrying too much... seen some 2012 videos the other day...
Earth is gonna shake off some fleas I believe. I hope she's nice to me tho..
mega-quakes, asteroids, super-volcanoes, Oh My!!
:48: :aok:

Latest posts

Back