why wont my seedsgerminate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy

Reaction score
I have tried the basics and no seeds are germinating. Any suggestions? Ilive in ahot humid climate.

There are all sorts of tricks to get seeds to germinate, putting them in a cup of water till they crack, wrapping them in a wet paper towel, etc. I have always had success with just treating them like any other seed, that is I put them in the growing medium (rockwool or some soil) keep them moist and let mother nature take its course.

If really nothing works, maybe your seeds are dead.

more info is needed
how did you germ them?
did you soak them in water?
did you use 2 plates?
did you use paper towels?
how long has it been?
what type of area did you try in?(dark ,warm)
water ph?

if you post more info we may beable to help.
p.s. welcome to MP

hey i had the same deal happen to me, for 2 weeks i had 2 seeds in the paper towl, kept moist, with 2 soucers, in the hotwater cupboard. like i said 2 weeks and nothing happened, so i got pissed off, and threw them in a little cup of water, and on day 2 (something cool happened i dont know what you call it) it germanated, and planted them and it's been 3 months and nothin happened. Yep BIG FAT WASTE of time, so now i brought a guitar and now waiting for a seed to pops up in my tennie when i go to score.

Sometimes the skins on seeds can be very tough and the little guys can't pop out. I read in a Jorge Cervantes book about putting your seeds in a matchbox with an emery board (fingernail file) and shaking them for about 30 seconds. I have had much greater success germinating seeds since I have been doing this. BTW, the cheap wooden files are the best as they come in packs of ten or some such.
Good luck!

I rubbed the edges off my seeds (gently ) with a nail file and then put them into some tissue paper and soaked them on a plate with lid (plate ).. then put them on a set top box to help keep them warm ! and NEVER let them DRY out ! seems to work fine 2-3 days ...Butta Bing Butta Bam ! Take care !

Latest posts

Back