Why you should always take a clone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I screwed the pooch on my Rez SD x Chemdogg DD grow....awesome pheno and I didn't keep a cut....

niteshft said:
Wow, that sux Hammy.

Big time.....she tasted like lime candy and hit like a brick to the head...:holysheep:

i don't even wanna hear about clones.. sux that you lost the pheno though i know what thats like

Sorry guys but I am complete rookie here and am lost to understanding this thread. By losing the 'pheno' what do you mean??

pheno is a plant that shows some favorable chracteristic, grows a certain way, heavy producer, somthing that you like, so you clone it to keep the PHENO in your room.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Sorry guys but I am complete rookie here and am lost to understanding this thread. By losing the 'pheno' what do you mean??

Pheno=phenotype....
You may grow 10 females of the same strain and get a Cpl different phenos...which means certain characteristics....like she stays short, gets real frosty, yields mad crazy and finishes early...that wld be a golden goose phenotype for me....while the other phenos have less desirable traits.

Hamster Lewis said:
Pheno=phenotype....
You may grow 10 females of the same strain and get a Cpl different phenos...which means certain characteristics....like she stays short, gets real frosty, yields mad crazy and finishes early...that wld be a golden goose phenotype for me....while the other phenos have less desirable traits.

Dead on Hammy and the PHENO I'm looking for is the ability to grow close together with a minimum of trim needed to allow the light to filter thru. That way I can grow lots of single colas close together and get a large yield.

yes, especially if its a new strain to you. always get at least one healthy clone before you flower the donor. if its not to your liking, no loss, you can toss it, and go on to the next latest, greatest flavor...

i dont keep moms, per say. as i take clones to fill a space, then flower the donor(s), and have more in veg continually. then i simply take clones from the original clones, and the cycle continues...

i learned my lesson also awhile back...

another good way to ensure future clones is to pass them around to your peeps if thier growers. this is one alternative. not for everyone...

i just got my widow back that my sis gave cuts to her friends, and procured one of those from a dank strain i thought was lost. so karma was shining my way.:) peace...

Latest posts

Back