Wierd patches.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idunnowhatsgoingon

Reaction score
I'm using fox farm ocean forest. Botanicare liquid pro-bloom nutes. I have a 250watt HPS under 12/12 for the last 4 days, and I started to notice these spots. What are they? It is only on the biggest of the fan leaves.

DSCN2852.jpg

DSCN2849.jpg

The fan leaves with those marks now have turned almost totally yellow and it looks like nute burn. I flushed them, so we'll see.

idunnowhatsgoingon said:
The fan leaves with those marks now have turned almost totally yellow and it looks like nute burn. I flushed them, so we'll see.
Yup looks like either nute burn or heat stress. What are your temps at your tops?

it's only about 79-81 during the 12 hours of light at the middle of the canopy. and drop sto 69-70 when it is off.

Kinda hard to tell from pics, but are those leaves curled inward too? Like a 'cup' shape?

Only 4 days into flower? Don't stop the N or grow nutes yet...

idunnowhatsgoingon........fookin hell orange weed plants

rofl

sorry cannot even begin to make a comment without the actual colours dude

try a normal household light in your room to get a better photo and we can all offer ya advice dude.

honestly i think at worst its only a bit of nute burn or maybe nitrogen deficency

keep feeding veg nutes for upto a week from day one of flowering i did and ya will see the differance monday when i post piccies.........

look ok cept for little leaf damage dude.

pkj

the messed up leaves curled up and fell off. now there are only a few other leaves on the bottom that are yellowish. I think it was definitly nute-burn. However...I'm ten days into flower, so I guess I'm going to use a very very diluted flower nute after they dry from the flush.

DSCN2855.jpg

DSCN2857.jpg

DSCN2858.jpg

dscn2860.jpg

AHHH HEEEEELLLLLP. Most the plant is now yellow with these patches on some leaves and now they are starting to curl upward and some are drying and falling off. I flushed it 5 days ago and went to water again today and they arent looking so hot. What's up?

rs_dscn2877.jpg

rs_dscn2876.jpg

rs_dscn2871.jpg

You should be slowly tapering off of your grow ferts into bloom, till about halfway through...they are N deficient.

http://www.mjp.com/gallery/data/500/919aaformula.JPG

Wow man. Thanks for that info. I'm really worried, but for some reason I think you are correct. I just watered them with pro bloom again, so I guess it will be ok if I wait another 3 days and water them again with the pro-grow instead of the pro bloom. What do you think? Do that for a couple more waterings and then switch back to blooming nutes? They look soooo sad and yellow. Will they be ok for another three days on the bloom nutes or should I water again with grow nutes and drain the runoff?

IMO you should slowly blend in your bloom ferts:

1st week 75% grow 25% bloom
2nd week 50% grow 50 % bloom
3rd week (and until stretch is over) 25% grow 75% bloom

Just seems to be the consensus of what I have read...I think if you just watered them earlier today, it would be okay to give them some grow.

A lot of people had said nute burn, but I mean...I use organic soil and organic nutes (which I never used at full strength), and only use distilled water.

Latest posts

Back