Wiggle it just a little bit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegs

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else wiggles their baby plants each day to ensure stronger stalk growth? I know I can't be the only silly fool slightly nudging my babies each day.

I can't seem to put my finger on where I picked up this potential useless bit of information from, but I could have sworn that I heard or read a while back that nudging your plants, in addition to the constant air flow, will help the plants grow a little stronger and not be as lanky and flimsy--prone to drooping.

Anyone?

i just let the fan do it. I try not to mess w/ em much.

:yay: Giving your ladies a little wiggle every day is not an awfull thing,(BUT LIKE MUTT SAYS, YOU DON;T WANT TO BE TOO ROUGH) what also will give you very strong stalk growth is if you can put a fan on them...low speed, no hurricane, we don't want to scare them. But serroiusly, a fan on low speed I have found works best, but a little wiggle is ok..just be gentile, remember...the are ladies :yay:

Thanks guys. My fan does a great job, but a lil nudge here and there aint such a bad idea.

A human constantly nudging and prodding, poking like a monkey, watching every inch grow.....

Vegs said:
I was wondering if anyone else wiggles their baby plants each day to ensure stronger stalk growth? I know I can't be the only silly fool slightly nudging my babies each day.

I can't seem to put my finger on where I picked up this potential useless bit of information from, but I could have sworn that I heard or read a while back that nudging your plants, in addition to the constant air flow, will help the plants grow a little stronger and not be as lanky and flimsy--prone to drooping.

Anyone?

I havent wiggled...but I have and continue to squeeze them! I take the stem between thumb and first finger and gently squeeze until I feel it "give". Sure enough...by three weeks my ""kids" have tough, strong stalks. Every couple inches, I squeeze again.

It's the same principle of how a broken bone will heal at the break stronger than it was originally. The outer part of the stem covers the inner, spongy part which is full of the cells that do the important job of moving nutrients and water. Gently crushing those cells makes them heal with thicker cell walls--just like lifting weights breaks down the muscle cells and makes them grow back stronger.

They need good strong stems to hold up all those heavy big buds, later!

Lass

Latest posts

Back