will 2 600 watters work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been doing things for a long time.....ya 7 people but its cool were all family and all scripted and we dont roll like that were in are 30s 40s and 60s and keep the smoke in house ......back to the point i do agree sorda with watt versus lumens thing .. but for you to say why not get a 1000 kinda discredits your theory dude im already in the upper tier pge bracket ... and all the heat and and its better to have 2 600s than 1 1000s im not gonna add 2 1000s 600s work fine... but back to the point was just wondering if adding cfl to the sides of the 4/4 would help fruit development ...another thing where does it say if light hits underneath a plant its not good another invalid point dude when i bend and stress bend my plant light hits everywhere and i have no problems whatsoever .... so where are you getting your information.......does anybody agree with that.ps this thread isnt about how i pay my bills and how many people i live with so can we stick with the subject thanks..

3rdbase said:
been doing things for a long time.....ya 7 people but its cool were all family and all scripted and we dont roll like that were in are 30s 40s and 60s and keep the smoke in house ......back to the point i do agree sorda with watt versus lumens thing .. but for you to say why not get a 1000 kinda discredits your theory dude im already in the upper tier pge bracket ... and all the heat and and its better to have 2 600s than 1 1000s im not gonna add 2 1000s 600s work fine... but back to the point was just wondering if adding cfl to the sides of the 4/4 would help fruit development ...another thing where does it say if light hits underneath a plant its not good another invalid point dude when i bend and stress bend my plant light hits everywhere and i have no problems whatsoever .... so where are you getting your information.......does anybody agree with that.ps this thread isnt about how i pay my bills and how many people i live with so can we stick with the subject thanks..
cfl's as side lighting may help some but i doubt you'd see any noticable growth change..you'd need alot more than a few cfl's ...proper wall covering will prolly sufice...

well i have a hanging drape with white poly on one side for reflective ... and im not growing just flowering so im looking for better lower development......so picture it.......2 4/4 trays next to each other and on each side 3 hanging 23 watt cfls and 2 600watters overhead .......i thought people flowered with cfls ..i know probably with alot of them but im just `trying to find out as a supplementation type thing where as the 600s get them from the top and the cfls hit them from the sides...

the way i figure it... 2 4/4 trays equals 32 square feet if im trying to achieve 5000 lumens per square foot id need at least 160000 lumens total ....and if im not wrong 600s put out about 90000 lumens each totaling 180000 i should be good with the coverage right,,,,,,,,,or am i wrong ....any suggestions would be great...:confused:

the way i figure it... 2 4/4 trays equals 32 square feet if im trying to achieve 5000 lumens per square foot id need at least 160000 lumens total ....and if im not wrong 600s put out about 90000 lumens each totaling 180000 i should be good with the coverage right,,,,,,,,,or am i wrong ....any suggestions would be great...:confused:

2 600 watt lights will cover 2 4x4 trays, but you'll see a weight difference in your crop if you choose 2 600's over 2 1000's. If I were you, I'd go with 2 1000 watt lights.

Grow Big
HazeMe

i will be using 2 1000w hps's over a 4x6 tray with a 100gal res for my next grow...in a 6x8x6.8' room...

i have had 1000s in the past ya there strong......but cost of ebill is way tooooo much b4 id put 2 1000s id put another 600....way better coverage...alot less heat....i dont know so much about ovrerall weightloss i think that depends on ur green thumb... mines is pretty damm good........but figuring lights not so much..

you will be fine with 2 600...take care and be safe

oh and mde ya reps green:D not red anymore...keep M GREEN

3rdbase said:

If you want to hang lights on the side go buy some 75 or 150 to 200 hps and and do that way..
using CFL'S would be alot and so close on each side of the room and that would probably cause LOTS my heat and either way 3rdbase HPS or CFL's you will have a heat issue at the end.....

Stay with the 2, 600 watt Hps switchable ballest MH to HPS and you wil be fine..
Got any pix of your room.?? That will be helpful.

well i just thought that little 23 watters were more easy to move around to spots that were shaded......12 23watters placed on the sides is better than another 250 watter from above ......the above isnt the problem its below,,,

Latest posts

Back