Will a male plant get you high?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhxRocker

Reaction score
I started growing a plant outdoors just for the hell of it. There is only one plant and it is now about a foot tall and very healthy. Just sexed it, and unfortunately I'm pretty sure that it's a male.

My question is this: Will a male plant get you high if you smoke it?

I've heard some people say yes, and some say no. Obviously there will be no buds, but will the leaves get me high?

And please don't say to make hash out of it, because it's not that big of a plant.

Any response is appreciated. Thanks....

Compost it. Not worth the trouble.

I am new but I thought you could make hash with a Male plant right or wrong.

KGB30 said:
I am new but I thought you could make hash with a Male plant right or wrong.

hash is just concentrating trichomes to smoke... since there rn't really any on a male, there isn't much to make hash from...

it's like tryna get drunk off of really weak wine... tastes like sheet, and you'd have to do so much of it to get anything... not worth it

my male plants are smoked until the females are done and it's just as good as the female's. there's no buds but the leaves are good enough to roll and smoke.ive had no complaints.taste,looks,and smokes good.

thugluv420 said:
my male plants are smoked until the females are done and it's just as good as the female's. there's no buds but the leaves are good enough to roll and smoke.ive had no complaints.taste,looks,and smokes good.

:rofl:...

then u've never smoked some good, REAL smoke...

I mean... come on... if yer gunna smoke THAT crap... you might as well not grow pot and risk imprisonment, and just smoke your lawn cuttings instead... that's legal....

Best thing to do is to extract oil from male plant, if you can get three grams, you are lucky but better than being harsh on your lungs.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
OK i have a question for everyone. :rolleyes:

If you are a male and you smoke a male plant does that make you gay? :confused2:

Just being a smart *** couldn't resist. :rofl:

OK, i have a question too!
If you are female and lust for and smoke a female plant, does that make you a lesbian?
:p

Thats it I God you made me wrong should've been a women. Oh the great tast of Budha she makes you feel so good .

THC is not the only part of the plant that will get you high, their are other canabinoids that will also induce a euphoric effect. Male plants can be good for making hash and other things. Bottom line, if you're enjoying it then whats the harm. But to answer your question yes a male plant can and will get you high.

Tater said:
But to answer your question yes a male plant can and will get you high.

Lemme throw something at this...we wait months for a female (some of my sats...take 12+ weeks). I chop unwanted males in the first couple of weeks. If I harvest a fem WAY too early it isn't worth crap. So why on earth would a male be different. If they have any potency to get you high...then why is everyone chopping males? I've tried smokin males (mainly for pheno traits (flavor...etc) to do a cross) I got a light head high...but nothing worth the trouble to even get oil out of.

Now you chop a male in the first two weeks...there isn't enough of anything except carbon monoxide high...lack of oxygen....

Save the room and devote time to fems ;)

TBG....not sure on tha one...might wanna do a poll :p

Mutt don't get me wrong I totally agree with you but if a guy has say one plant outside (like the above poster) and no other plants male or female he could let it grow and smoke it and get high. You just answered the question right
I've tried smokin males (mainly for pheno traits (flavor...etc) to do a cross) I got a light head high
there.

They never mentioned anything about harvesting it now. I'm not trying to nitpick and once again I do agree with you. Its not something I would reccomend or try myself as I'm after something totally different. But places that are known for their hash production usually produce hash from both the male and female plants. Once again not saying its something I would try but facts are facts.

if you pull just the tops and smoke them and toss the rest they will give you a buzz depending on the strain and age of the plant. If its this time of year and you dont have any buds then they are better than nothing If you don`t smoke very often. So the truth is they will get you high may not be a good high. I always found when they are close to blooming they would give me a headake. But too say they won`t give you a buzz false. They do contain thc. I would smoke all the tops i picked from all my plants and itsmore of a couchlock need a nap kind of high. Slim PS i totally dont agree about being the same a lawn clippings.

From my own experience the male plants can get you high. As it has been said, if you have a good strain in will work. I haev picked up 3 males from my garden and dried them and smoked the leaves. They gave me a buzz, it's nowhere near what a mediocre female plant buds can do to you...i admit that..but it's no placebo either. If you don't have anything else do smoke the males. Make the joins without adding any tabacco or anything. If you make 3-4 joints and chain smoke them they'll give you a light high. It does not last though.

I do like a few of you others as well :) Why not puff da males better then nadda when waiting for the ladys to finish :) I norm add litle hash to the J to give it a litle boost......But Just as the same as females give a good flushing before cutting makes it bit better on the throught ;)

Peace

\\S.

Latest posts

Back