Will they be OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying LG

Reaction score
hey guys im going to plant in the ground in a real good spot but the thing is there are some tall trees surrounding the area, which is good becuz it doesnt look so obvious but the trees provide some shade. My question is will the plants be ok and grow fine with this shade or do they need a Completely clear sky above them. I cannot remove the trees either keep in mine that the trees are dead so theres no leaves just abunch of dead branches?? will they be ok???

Bud yield and potency are diectly related to a # of factors one of ther biggest being amt./intensity of sunlight.
Not seeing your proposed site I can't comment on it, but mj does best with lots and lots of sun.
How much probably depends on several factors, but one figure I've heard is AT LEAST 4 hours of DIRECT sunlight per 24, and ambient sunlight for the rest of the day.
In the northern hemisphere the sun is in the southern quadrent of the sky so it's best to provide what is referred to as southern exposure.

P.S. do you mean the trees are dead or just that they don't have any leaves on them yet?

the trees seem dead man all rotted out but they still take up some space, they arent HUGE like 1 meter thick trees they are trees like the size of legs in diameter

flying LG said:
the trees seem dead man all rotted out but they still take up some space, they arent HUGE like 1 meter thick trees they are trees like the size of legs in diameter
mornin' flyin'...decidious or conifers??..if the trees are decidious, and aren't going to leaf out and shade your spot extensively, they shouldn't present a problem. But conifers tend to make the soil very acidic, that might present a problem. I would be concerned with "Why" they are dead. Is there other wide leaf vegetation present?..

yeh theres other living things present, i think they are deciduous trees but im not sure, but im going to take a picture and post it soon

Latest posts

Back