will this setup work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
I have a 4x3x7 tent.

I need to know if the following below is correct for my tent?

I already have 600wat light magnetic ballast. buying an agrosun red sodium 600w hps. using hortilux 600w mh.

Blockbuster 6" air cool hood

Vortex S-line 6" inline fan 327 cfm

Phat Filter 6x12 275cfm

Would the blockbuster, vortex 327cfm and phat 275cfm work for me tent ?

that filter is rated for lower cfm, so i guess that it will restrict the airflow significantly and not clear smell effectively. otherwise, setup sounds good to me....

oh I forgot to state I am also adding a speed control to the fan so I can dial it down.

Otherwise you mean that since the fan is 327cfm I need a filter that is 327 or higher?

I do not understand.

I think you will be fine with what you have listed there, were you looking at T5's?

I was but I think I am going to stick with the Mh bulb.

can someone please help me with ventilation setup?

I am confused now.

My room is only 4x3x7..

is a 6" 327cfm over kill? is the phat filter 275cfm overkill?

I will be adding a speed control to the fan so I can lower the cfm with that filter.

I hate to order the fan and filter and reflector to find out its not correct...

275 cfm is not overkill, you got like 84 cubic feet multiply by 3 = 252, just about what you have

okay got worried there for a moment. plus I forgot earlier to state I will use a dial a temp with the vortex s-line fan. there about 25 at homedepot.

as for the filter...

I was eyeing this Mountain air carbon filter 6" rated 265 cfm. then they state recommended high cfm 326... not only that these are to last 36 months

I was going to go can filter at first but someone mentioned phat filters and that's when I found the one I listed.

If I go with the mountain and use the speed control on the fan I would almost be in par with it for being able to go low to 265 cfm and highest 327. Though would that be too close to comfort? Am I just better off with the Phat or can filter?

Is the second fan for intake? I find if you have a strong exhaust fan and super over size your intake in a tent it works well as a passive intake IMO. If I blow smoke in the are of intake it all gets sucked into tent. I run a 1000watt MH with a 6" inline fan and an 10 " passive intake.

Is the second fan for intake? I find if you have a strong exhaust fan and super over size your intake in a tent it works well as a passive intake IMO.

:yeahthat:

You definitely want passive intakes. I run a 400cfm fan in my 4x4x6.5 Flower tent and the negative pressure is so strong that I have never needed to use a filter. I just exhaust out a window on the 2nd floor where my room is. The negative pressure helps keep odors at bay.

My "Garden Room" I built in my garage. Inside it measures 7'x7'x7' painted bright ceiling white. Have 2 passive intakes at floor level, with an 8" exhaust fan at ceiling level. Room is insulated on all 6 sides. Odor is barely noticeable upon opening the garage door first thing in the morning. Never had a strong odor in the garden room either. Believe air exchange is the key to this. Later. Peace.

can someone please help me with ventilation setup?

I am confused now.

My room is only 4x3x7..

is a 6" 327cfm over kill? is the phat filter 275cfm overkill?

I will be adding a speed control to the fan so I can lower the cfm with that filter.

I hate to order the fan and filter and reflector to find out its not correct...

No not overkill by any means. In fact, I would get a larger exhaust fan, somewhere around 450 and then...if you need it, buy a filter. You may find out like Hammy and I that you do not even need a filter.

Do you have an air cooled hood?

Also run passive intakes. I pull cool air from my crawl space and exhaust it outdoors. I live in the mountains and do not have close neighbors, have great negative pressure and do not run a filter. Should you decide you need a filter, do not connect it until you are flowering. You do not need it until flowering when the plants start to smell. Adding a filter adds a restriction to the fan that cuts down its cfms. Do not use it until and unless you need it.

Whether you need a filter or not has a lot to do with WHERE your exhaust goes, becareful every situation is different and those that dont need a filter are the exception not the rule imo. Getting caught for odour is about as silly areason to get popped as there is.
HL's negative pressure keeps the odour in his tent and exhaust system, im wiling to bet his exhaust is not blasting at a neighbours window, every situation is different.

okay... first off I need a filter I can have no odor!

Second, I am buying the blockbuster 6" air cooled hood and using a 600 watt hps in a 4x3x7 tent...

I was asking if I go with the vortex s-line 343cfm and the phat filter rated at 275cfm would that work for my setup?

I did not list a second fan for intake. I need odor control.

I did mention I had a choice between the vortex which was the max fan 6" but that has a built in 3 speed controller and I do not like that. I was then looking at the phresh hyperfan rated at 315 cfm with a built in speed controller.

Which fan should I go with? the 334 or the 315 cfm ? Also will the phat filter rated for 275 cfm work or do I need a larger cfm rated filter?

I would personally go with a 450 cfm fan and a filter to fit that size fan.

that filter is rated for lower cfm, so i guess that it will restrict the airflow significantly and not clear smell effectively. otherwise, setup sounds good to me....
hiii

Latest posts

Back